Speaking of photography, as I was earlier, I have four, count 'em, four friends getting married this year (oy, my poor Amex). Anyway, today I was reading an online chat with one of my favorite Washington Post columnists, Gene Weingarten, and, in an aside, he mentioned he had been contacted by a woman, the sister of someone he had previously written about, who had emailed to tell him she liked the article about her brother. Weingarten threw her a plug, noting she's a photographer, and said to check out her work to see wedding photography like you've never seen before.
So, dutiful loser with way too much time on my hands that I am, I clicked over to her site, and, sure enough, there's some really unusual work there. Click on “Wedding Showcase” (at the top of the page) and then hit Next (at the bottom) to see a brief portfolio. And, at about 10 pix in, there's a great photo of a bride and her dog that's incredibly touching. Maybe it's just my love of dogs kicking in, but the “bye old friend” look on each of their faces is wonderful. The “Featured Couple,” section, in the tab next to Wedding Showcase, is pretty good too. Anyway, it's not the usual couple-standing-in-front-of-the-ice-sculpture stuff.
She's based in the Washington D.C. area, so none of my friends would be using her anyway, but all you potential brides in that region may want to keep her in mind.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Random (somewhat sad) thought on a tipsy Thursday
- The summer breeze...
- Can we say double standard?
- Banana Republic sucks
- Taradise Lost
- Horizontal stripes are the new black
- Mr. Ed would be more competent
- A- HA!
- Kyra Phillips' husband is handsome and a great, gr...
- Rainy days and Tuesdays always get me down
- "News" producers at the cable nets breathe a colle...
- "Kneel before your God, Babylon"
- Do they like sitar music on the radio that much?
- And the winner for best Margaritas goes to....me
- Oh, to be in that sandwich
- What is wrong with these people?
- My solemn vow
- Win a little, lose a little
- This is the guy I usually get stuck next to in air...
- I swear I'm not getting a commission
- Back to the Future
- Next episode, Sarah learns who Ansel Adams was
- Working tirelessly to please you, the Too Saucy re...
- Maureen Dowd doesn't know me
- Are they finally waking up?
- Here's three-and-a-half minutes of grooviness
- It always helps to go missing on a cruise ship or ...
- Such a classy guy
- I wonder if he got miles?
- The things you find on You Tube
- Reason #17 I'm glad I'm not a girl (or a gay guy, ...
- Can we get rid of hair extensions too
- This is almost as exciting as the time they found ...
- No one ever went broke...
- Another two hours of my life I will never get back
- Two degrees of Bridget Fonda
- They're always so classy
- Damn those manipulative bastards
- Yet another reason why I support Israel
- The sleazeballs in the GOP gear up for their dirty...
- I have no fingernails left
- And she probably had to pay 10 cents to receive it
- Ahh cold margs and hot girls in ponytails
- The terrorists have won
- I knew I wasn't crazy
- See, he's just a working stiff like the rest of us
- Yet another revelation from Mel's bust
- A nation of wimps?
- Separated at birth?
- Empty words
- I don't even want to see my Con Ed bill this month
- ▼ August (55)