Monday, August 07, 2006
Ahh cold margs and hot girls in ponytails
My bud Sarah came over Sunday night and we ended up watching The Island, with Ewan McGregor and the voluptuous Scarlett Johannson. I don't know why this movie didn't make more of a splash when it was in the theaters last year, because it was actually pretty cool, and that's coming from someone relatively hard to please movie-wise.
It was sci-fi, which I enjoy, but it still had a somewhat plausible storyline. I won't give away the plot in case you want to watch it (it's playing on Cinemax On-Demand these days) but there's a couple of pretty funny moments, one of which is when the two stars are running for their lives and are on a building scaffolding which plummets to the ground - they survive, of course - and a construction worker is helping them up, and says, “Jesus must love you. That was the craziest thing I ever seen.” Then, as he pulls the absolutely gorgeous Scarlett up, he gets a good look at her and adds,“I KNOW Jesus loved YOU.”
Yes he did. She really is stunning. And as far as I can tell - they're real and they're spectacular (to use the classic line once uttered by Terri Hatcher on an episode of Seinfeld).
There's also a great scene when her character sees a TV commercial for perfume that Scarlett actually did in real life when she was about 17, and gapes in amazement at seeing herself in it. That doesn't make sense, I suppose, if you don't know the movie's plot, but it's a cool moment. That B&W photo is, I believe, from the same ad campaign as the TV commercial seen in the movie.
And she was wearing a ponytail in a lot of the flick. I don't know what it is about girls in ponytails, but I love that look. So cute. Then again, Sarah was mixing frozen margs all night - if it had went on for another hour, I probably would have liked Ewan McGregor in a ponytail.
Posted by J at 1:51 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Random (somewhat sad) thought on a tipsy Thursday
- The summer breeze...
- Can we say double standard?
- Banana Republic sucks
- Taradise Lost
- Horizontal stripes are the new black
- Mr. Ed would be more competent
- A- HA!
- Kyra Phillips' husband is handsome and a great, gr...
- Rainy days and Tuesdays always get me down
- "News" producers at the cable nets breathe a colle...
- "Kneel before your God, Babylon"
- Do they like sitar music on the radio that much?
- And the winner for best Margaritas goes to....me
- Oh, to be in that sandwich
- What is wrong with these people?
- My solemn vow
- Win a little, lose a little
- This is the guy I usually get stuck next to in air...
- I swear I'm not getting a commission
- Back to the Future
- Next episode, Sarah learns who Ansel Adams was
- Working tirelessly to please you, the Too Saucy re...
- Maureen Dowd doesn't know me
- Are they finally waking up?
- Here's three-and-a-half minutes of grooviness
- It always helps to go missing on a cruise ship or ...
- Such a classy guy
- I wonder if he got miles?
- The things you find on You Tube
- Reason #17 I'm glad I'm not a girl (or a gay guy, ...
- Can we get rid of hair extensions too
- This is almost as exciting as the time they found ...
- No one ever went broke...
- Another two hours of my life I will never get back
- Two degrees of Bridget Fonda
- They're always so classy
- Damn those manipulative bastards
- Yet another reason why I support Israel
- The sleazeballs in the GOP gear up for their dirty...
- I have no fingernails left
- And she probably had to pay 10 cents to receive it
- Ahh cold margs and hot girls in ponytails
- The terrorists have won
- I knew I wasn't crazy
- See, he's just a working stiff like the rest of us
- Yet another revelation from Mel's bust
- A nation of wimps?
- Separated at birth?
- Empty words
- I don't even want to see my Con Ed bill this month
- ▼ August (55)