Lawyer: No Charges for JonBenet Suspect
By JON SARCHE
The Associated Press
Monday, August 28, 2006; 5:06 PM
BOULDER, Colo. -- Prosecutors decided not to charge John Mark Karr in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, his lawyers said Monday after a TV station reported that the schoolteacher's DNA failed to match genetic material on the 6-year-old girl's body.
"The warrant on Mr. Karr has been dropped by the district attorney," public defender Seth Temin said outside the jail. "They are not proceeding with the case."
Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy's office did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press.
Too Saucy, a week ago, Aug. 21, 2:46 pm...
Can I just say I'm a tad wary of this story about John Karr, who has supposedly confessed to killing JonBenet Ramsey in Colorado a decade ago, and has just been extradited from Thailand, where he had been living for years.
Let's remember, the press, especially the cable networks, had already tried and convicted the parents for killing their daughter. Or it was JonBenet's big brother. Now it's: "Oops, ok, maybe they didn't do it, but THIS guy - yup, he's the one!"
They never learn from their excesses.
There are people who, for some bizarre reason, will confess to crimes they didn't commit. I've also heard a theory that he was about to be arrested in Thailand for some horrendous crime, and, not wanting to face Thai justice, said he did this, guaranteed to get him extradited to the U.S.
Listen, he may very well have killed that little girl; he clearly is some sort of wackjob, with sexual and other problems, but I wish they would wait to let it play out in court before they start the breathless theorizing.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Random (somewhat sad) thought on a tipsy Thursday
- The summer breeze...
- Can we say double standard?
- Banana Republic sucks
- Taradise Lost
- Horizontal stripes are the new black
- Mr. Ed would be more competent
- A- HA!
- Kyra Phillips' husband is handsome and a great, gr...
- Rainy days and Tuesdays always get me down
- "News" producers at the cable nets breathe a colle...
- "Kneel before your God, Babylon"
- Do they like sitar music on the radio that much?
- And the winner for best Margaritas goes to....me
- Oh, to be in that sandwich
- What is wrong with these people?
- My solemn vow
- Win a little, lose a little
- This is the guy I usually get stuck next to in air...
- I swear I'm not getting a commission
- Back to the Future
- Next episode, Sarah learns who Ansel Adams was
- Working tirelessly to please you, the Too Saucy re...
- Maureen Dowd doesn't know me
- Are they finally waking up?
- Here's three-and-a-half minutes of grooviness
- It always helps to go missing on a cruise ship or ...
- Such a classy guy
- I wonder if he got miles?
- The things you find on You Tube
- Reason #17 I'm glad I'm not a girl (or a gay guy, ...
- Can we get rid of hair extensions too
- This is almost as exciting as the time they found ...
- No one ever went broke...
- Another two hours of my life I will never get back
- Two degrees of Bridget Fonda
- They're always so classy
- Damn those manipulative bastards
- Yet another reason why I support Israel
- The sleazeballs in the GOP gear up for their dirty...
- I have no fingernails left
- And she probably had to pay 10 cents to receive it
- Ahh cold margs and hot girls in ponytails
- The terrorists have won
- I knew I wasn't crazy
- See, he's just a working stiff like the rest of us
- Yet another revelation from Mel's bust
- A nation of wimps?
- Separated at birth?
- Empty words
- I don't even want to see my Con Ed bill this month
- ▼ August (55)