There are "reality" shows where the cameras just follow around C-level celebrities. There's some showing the inner workings of hair salons, restaurants - and now a subset of that, a restaurant kitchen. There's one coming up about a newspaper, with The Daily News to be featured on a show to air on Bravo. And now there's one being planned about a goddamn department store. The Times is reporting that there will be a new reality show revealing the inner workings of Macy's:
Set for broadcast in September, “Unwrapping Macy’s” will offer a behind-the-scenes look at how the retailer operates its stores, selects merchandise, creates a catalog and runs events like the annual Thanksgiving Day parade, said Steven Weinstock, one of the producers behind the show.
The show, which is still being edited, will be on WE, the Women’s Entertainment network, whose viewership overlaps with Macy’s customers, executives at Macy’s and WE said. The first of eight 30-minute episodes will appear at 10 p.m. on Sept. 30.
Mr. Weinstock said life at Macy’s was “inherently dramatic,” because of creative conflicts between staff members and the deadline pressure of each passing fashion season.
Remember when TV drama actually meant Martin Sheen as the president, or George Clooney as a doctor? Now it's some salesgirl from Queens chewing gum and gossiping about that bitch in Accessories.
I've got to get in on this reality show gravy train. These people are making money by having cameras follow some schlubs around doing their jobs or even just living their lives. There's money to be made here, folks, and I demand some of it
Thursday, July 20, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!...
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)