Yowza, it was actually pleasant out there today. With the rain stopped and the oppressive heat and humidity at tolerable levels, it was the first time in a while I've wanted to be outside.
My friend, Lady Voldermort (She Who Must Not Be Named) was even inspired to call and suggest lunch in the Park this afternoon. Now, I have to admit, I'm not a big picnic person. Sitting on the ground and eating while God knows what crawls around you – ugh.
But you know me. Mr. I Never Complain. Mr. Whatever You Want. Mr. I Live to Accommodate. Hah. Once again, how some lucky gal hasn't snatched me up yet, I just don't know.
But it was actually very nice. I brought an amusing little bottle of white zinf, she showed up with a melange of appetizers-to-go from Uptown (quesadillas, dumplings, chicken wings). Beautiful.
I'm not really a big fan of the sun, though, these days. I'm so damnned fair-skinned it doesn't take much to make me burn, and I slathered on the SPF 30.
So between that and the wings, and neither of us thinking to bring wet naps, I felt disgusting after we finished. When I got home, I stood in the shower for literally 45 minutes. I'm not saying I'm like Howard Hughes towards his end, but I do have issues. Oh well, at least I'm clean.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!...
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)