* I have a new guilty pleasure. Since I've already admitted, embarassingly, that I watch The Apprentice, which is on hiatus these days, I watched another reality show, Hell's Kitchen, for the first time tonight - and sort of liked it.
It's the same basic premise; a group of contestants trying to win a position, in this case, of chef of a new restaurant that's being constructed in the Red Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. They compete in a restaurant set up right now in, I think, Los Angeles (I just saw one episode so I'm still trying to figure out who's who, and what's going on) under the eyes of a British chef, Gordon Ramsay, who is one of the most foul-mouthed, obnoxious guys you have ever seen on TV. I love it! He's definitely more of an interesting character than Donald Trump.
* I just read that the reason former supermodel Christie Brinkley has separated from her (third) husband is that he was apparently cheating on her with a 19-year-old who was working in his office.
That's shocking that a guy would get involved with a 19-year-old girl. Terrible. Just outrageous.
* What can keep me in from a free meal/drink session in midtown? Temperatures up the wazoo, thank you. I got invited to a little media soiree tonight at Joe Allen's, but I've got the a-c cranked and drinking chilled white wine and could not even contemplate the thought of braving the Times Square area. And Tuesday is supposed to be even hotter than today. I may not leave my apartment until approximately, oh, Thursday.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)