Tuesday, July 25, 2006
The only surprise at this point would be some competence
Can the media please stop playing along with the Bush regime, breathlessly reporting their latest "surprise visit" to some godforskaen place in the war-ravaged Middle East?
Bush had his "surprise visit" to Baghdad, Donald Rumsfeld had a "surprise visit" to an Army base in Afghanistan, and now Condaleeza Rice has paid a "surprise visit" to Lebanon.
The very fact that they have to sneak into these areas, especially Baghdad, which the U.S. supposedly conquered and made safe for democracy three years ago (remember Mission Accomplished?) shows just how disastarous foreign policy is under these idiots. And the fact that "Condi," as she's so obnoxiously called, is just finally getting around to doing some shuttle diplomacy after the carnage has been underway in Lebanon and Israel for the last few weeks is telling in and of itself.
Say what you will about the odious Henry Kissinger, but that guy worked those foreign trips like a maestro when he was Secretary of State.
And just what the fuck was she smiling about when she got there? The place is on the verge of disintegration and she had a big buck-toothed grin pasted on like she's shoe shopping on Fifth Avenue again. It's a fucking humanitarian tragedy there, nothing to smile about. Jeezus H. Christ.
(Yes, I'm a tad grumpy this morning).
Posted by J at 12:53 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!...
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)