My zit shrunk to the size of Massapequa today, from yesterday's Cleveland, so I slunk outside for lunch. There's a new little sushi place that's opened around the corner from me that I've been wanting to try, and, in this heat, cold fish was just what was called for.
The place was absolutely empty, which I love. I could eat, read my Daily News in peace, and not have to listen to annoying chatter or screaming kids in the background. The only downside was, and I don't know if it was because it is brand new, or that I was the only customer, or just the usual Japanese level of politeness and customer care, but the waitress was all over me - topping off my water every time I took a sip, pouring my beer into the glass every chance she could get, scurrying in to take away empty dishes immediately.
It was almost as bad as the opposite extreme, where you don't get service for 10 minutes. But, I have to admit, even though it was somewhat annoying, I prefer this way.
And yes, amazing as it is to contemplate, I can complain about too much service.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)
lol you LOVE to caomplain!
hehe you're such a male yenta sometimes.
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
Post a Comment