Tuesday, July 18, 2006
I'm just a port in the storm
Or at least an air conditioned cave in a heat wave.
My friend Sarah called me up at 1 am (!) last night. Her a-c wasn't working and she was dying of heat and knew chez jbk was a balmy 70 degrees of air conditioned iceitude. So, yes, she wanted to crash.
So she came over (all sweaty too, eww) and we ended up watching movies. She at first wanted to see Must Love Dogs, but I had to put my foot down. It looks like one of the most sappy of chick flicks ever filmed. I mean come on, anything with John Cusack in love in it is going to be just intolerable. I might as well have castrated myself right then and there to watch that.
So I insisted on Final Analysis, with Richard Gere, Kim Bassinger and a yummy Uma Thurman (playing Kim's younger sister). It's a sort of noir, Hitchcockian thriller, with Gere playing a psychiatrist treating a psychotic Bassinger. A little unrealistic, but not bad.
It was from 1992, so Uma was really at her peak. Damn she is hot. And so tall. She towered over Gere in one scene. A few weeks ago I noted that women's legs tend to be longer than men's, especially in the thigh section. Her legs are just unbelievable.
And Ethan Hawke cheated on that? What an asshole.
Posted by J at 2:14 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)