Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick. What is it, about 100 degrees out there?
It is hot. And I had to run out to take care of some business...ok, who am I trying to impress, I took a walk to the liquor store. I was running a little low on vino, and I like to get a case delivered. I buy my grape at Mister Wright on Third, unquestionably the best wine store in Yorkville. I like to mix up a case, so I found a delightful little cab/shiraz blend in the Oxford Landing label (very reasonably priced) and got seven of those, and five of Berringer's Stone Cellars Chardonnay. You just can't go wrong with that.
Anyway, I digress. So on my way there, I saw some poor schlub out on the streets in full business attire. I mean suit, tie, polished shoes, and looking absolutely miserable. I, at least, had the decency to feel a tad guilty as I was in shorts, a tee and boat shoes. But hey, no one forced this guy to become a lawyer. He may be making tons of money, but is he happy! Thank you.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)