Monday, July 31, 2006
Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from Starfleet Command
Sometimes I am, if nothing else, a tad self-destructive.
As I shamelessly bragged a few weeks ago, I got the Motorola Q, you know the hot new smart phone many covet, so now I can conduct “business on the go.”
(Actually, as an aside, girls covet shoes, bless their cute little hearts. Guys covet the electronic stuff.)
Well, now I can surf the Web or take care of email from anywhere (granted, the thought of being able to email while enjoying fish and chips and Guinness at a bar pleased me to no end). And I always have a video cam on me now, in case, you know, there's breaking news I want to shoot and sell to a TV outlet (yeah, whatever). The Q's also got a not-bad-for-a-phone 1.3 megapix still cam. It's even sporting an MP3 player for those annoying train rides.
Anyway, it really is designed to be a great business tool.
And so what do I do with it? I set the home screen picture to Stewie, the evil baby on Family Guy. My ringer is the theme from Austin Powers. And my text message notifier is Lt. Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation, saying, “Captain, incoming message” amidst the sounds of phasers.
Oh yes, all very businesslike. If I ever forget to set it to vibrate when I'm at a meeting and it goes off, it will be just a wee bit mortifying.
Posted by J at 2:05 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)