I had to jump on Too Saucy for a rare Saturday post, but this is too delicious to ignore. Mel Gibson apparently has been caught showing his true anti-semitic colors after being pulled over for speeding and DUI.
This guy is the darling of the religious right because of his "Passion of the Christ" movie of a few years ago, but it's long been rumored that he's a closet anti-semite. His father is a member of a far-right religious sect and has been quoted saying some really nasty things about Jews, but Gibson and his defenders always said you can't hold him responsible for the rantings of an old man.
Well it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
According to TMZ, when Gibson was pulled over, he became belligerent and the arresting officer took him to the station for booking. That's when Gibson went into his tirade:
Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."
The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"
The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"
A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"
We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.
There's already reports that the sheriff's office tried to cover this up, although a spokesman denies there was any whitewashing. I'm assuming the entertainment TV newsmags are going to have a field day with this on Monday. They no doubt already have crews swarming over Gibson and the sheriff. And, hopefully, The Smoking Gun or TMZ will get hold of the full police report.
And maybe now all those "Jews" that the right-wingers say control Hollywood will take notice of this and give Gibson's career what it deserves.
I've always said alcohol has magical powers of clarity. Get someone liquored up and their usual societal inhibitions fall away and you see the real person lurking underneath the polite veneer.
So kudos to Mr. Daniels or Mr. Walker or whoever let us see Gibson for what he really is. A crumb.
UPDATE: Aww, isn't that cute. Mel apologizes. Blames the booze. Of course, as I said, the booze showed what he really thinks deep down about Jews. Look soon for the sympathetic, softball interview with Larry King or Barbara Walters from this piece of shit.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Excuse me, I MUST take this important message from...
- I just want to hear girls talk
- Your reading assignment for today
- I will give the anti-semitic fuck this
- Mel part 2
- Champagne tastes and caviar dreams
- "My limo is a Nielsen household."
- Cleavage is like the sun
- Leave me alone
- And I get my braces off on Thursday
- PBS Kids' Show Host Fired for Video
- The only surprise at this point would be some comp...
- “Would you mind taking your breasts off my hot pla...
- Must obey...can't resist
- What was that strange thing in the sky?
- Tropical Storm Pain in My Butt
- "Dirty Laundry"
- The beer of kings
- A view from the other side
- When that show about cutting hair is too exciting ...
- Nice to see he's got his priorities straight
- That's a shame
- I'm just a port in the storm
- Your tax dollars at work
- Random thoughts as the continent swelters
- But she also denies she's fat
- Global warming? What global warming?
- A great man has passed
- President Fitty Cent
- No wonder King Kong loved it
- Here's one for the ladies
- Not at all stereotypical
- If I start listening to show tunes, then I've defi...
- I feel so suburban
- Oh God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?
- Computer tip # 17
- I smell sequel
- Can they be any dumber?
- Thunder and lightning...
- The feel-good hit of the year
- I guess they mature faster over there
- Men are from Mars, Women are from the shoe departm...
- Weirdness from Tom and Katie? Nah...
- Bonjour mesdames et messieurs
- Jesus H. Christ
- "I am a sexually aggressive woman - and I like it!"
- "The rich fire of the orange sunset gloriously ann...
- ▼ July (48)