The Republican insistence on wasting time and energy on useless bills continues apace.
What must their caucus meetings be like? "Ok, let's look at our agenda, boys. Debate constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage - check. Constitutional amendment to ban flag burning - check. Plan for Iraq debacle - no. Plan for solving nation's energy crisis - nope. Save New Orleans - nah. We've got to to do something else. Oh, I know. Let's attack The New York Times."
Yes, now the House Republicans are expected to introduce legislation today to condemn The Times for publishing a story exposing secret government monitoring of banking records.
Like the gay marriage and the flag burning silliness, it will go nowhere and mean nothing. But it's guaranteed red meat to the right-wingers, who see "liberal bias" in the media, with The Times being ground zero. (And the fact that the paper is owned by a buncha Jews, well that's just a wonderful bonus to rile up the GOP base).
And after all, isn't that what's important? Isn't that what the nation's legislative body should be doing? Why should they waste time by actually doing the nation's business and trying, you know, to help people. Much better they spend countless hours, not to mention our tax dollars, debating meaningless legislation that solves not one problem facing this country today.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)