So Bush and the GOP are ginning up concern yet again about gay marriage, with Boy George calling for a Constitutional amendment that would ban all those gay marriages that are, you know, sweeping the nation.
It is, of course, a cheap political ploy to get the right-wing religious nuts all excited for the November midterm elections, which are not looking good for the GOP.
The really disgusting thing is, Bush probably doesn't even care about the issue. He is exploiting it solely for political purposes.
It's sad enough that some people do feel threatened at the thought of gay folks marrying. But these are individuals, either so indoctrinated by their religion, or simply just filled with hate, that causes them to genuinely feel that gay marriage is somehow evil.
It's even worse when the issue is used for cheap political reasons, as red meat for the right-wingers.
One of his old friends told NEWSWEEK that same-sex marriage barely registers on the president's moral radar. "I think it was purely political. I don't think he gives a s--t about it. He never talks about this stuff," said the friend, who requested anonymity to discuss his private conversations with Bush. White House aides, who also declined to be identified, insist that the president does care about banning gay marriage.
Bush really is a sad, disgusting little empty suit of a man.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)
If they were real Christians they would feel compassion and love for gay people, not try to ban them. But of course they are not real Christians!
This is Karl Rove's handiwork. It's the same thing they did to tip the 2004 election to Bush in places like Ohio, by putting anti-gay laws on the ballot there which brought out the conservatives to vote.
They are all horrible, Bush and the politicians and the "religious" people who want this law.
I don't think that it's Bush is secretly tolerant and doesn't really care about gay marriage, I think he's just clueless and lazy about any subject that requires thinking for more than a minute.
You would think that at some point these religious types would see that Bush is playing them for fools, pretending to care about this crap just to get their votes. But they keep on turning out and voting for him and the Republicans. I don't get it. Are they that stupid?
Disgusting. I can't decide which is worse, that there are people who hate gays so much or that there are politicans like Bush who will take advantage of them?
Moxie Girl - yes they are that stupid!
Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
Post a Comment