Even though the Senate voted down the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage (the House is still to vote on it), this issue isn't going away. Not, reports The Times, as long as the Republicans have any power:
Though some Republicans have suggested that the Senate would be better served politically by focusing on issues that voters see as more pressing, the author of the amendment said he did not see it that way.
"If it's up to me," that senator, Wayne Allard of Colorado, said, "we'll have a vote on this issue every year. I think it's important to the American people."
And while Iraq continues to fester, gas prices are sky high, 45 million Americans don't have health care, and New Orleans remains a disaster zone, the GOP is busily working on other presing issues, such as a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning. Truly disgusting.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)
Bread and circuses my friends, bread and circuses.
Post a Comment