Sunday, June 11, 2006
I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
Greetings from the Garden State in this, the first on-location Too Saucy posting. I'm in fabulous Bradley Beach (just a little bit away from Asbury Park), getting some sea air, and enjoying the Jersey Shore, which, as much as I sometimes mock this wacky state, I really do enjoy. My ex has a house here, I'm checking my email, and figured I'd jump on Blogspot for a minute and say hello to my many tens of readers.
Of course, I'm wearing three gold chains, driving a Trans-Am, and have Gotti-level gel in my hair. But it should all be gone by the time I get back to the city, Monday.
On Saturday, I went to a buddy's wedding in Summit, and it was a lot of fun. And, yes, as the title of this post suggested, I got moony-eyed over the most adorable girl. But, of course, I will never see her again. That's just the way my luck works. I'm not allowed to have happiness. Thanks for nothing, Baby Jesus!
She lives in Salem, N.J., which is quite a haul from the city, and I'm not one for long-distance romances. Oh, and, also, she was with her boyfriend. Yeah. But, let me just say, she was flirting up a storm with moi.
Anyway, the night was fun. I got to see a bunch of former co-workers, drank too many Jack & Cokes, and the groom (my bud) and his now wife, put on a good wedding.
But is there some sort of law that the dinner options at weddings must always be chicken, salmon or chateaubriand? (I went with the chateaubriand - sorry vegans).
By the way, now I know how girls feel when they complain about their feet killing them. I tend to wear boat shoes just about every day. They go with khakis, shorts, jeans, anything casual, and are incredibly comfortable. But, obviously, I had on a suit and a pair of real shoes at the wedding, and now my pampered feet are feeling the pain today. Oy.
Sometimes, Jersey really does lend itself to the stereotypes, though. In the wall of the elevator at the Grand Summit Hotel, there was a little TV monitor, and Frank Sinatra TV specials from the 1960s were constantly playing. (Sort of fun, actually). Then, when I left and went to the Summit train station, I had about 45 minutes to kill before the train arrived, so I went into a little bar across the street, and Bon Jovi played the entire goddamn time. I suppose it's inevitable that tonight I will hear Springsteen when we go out.
It's strange spending a night with an ex, by the way. We've already argued about four times this afternoon, so we both know why we are exes. But, it does have its fringe benefits, if you know what I mean. And I know you do. Ok, I'm off to shower and then I'm taking her out for a lobster dinner. I think a hotel room might have been cheaper.
Posted by J at 6:26 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)