There are some great media feuds going on these days. Of course, The View is melting down, with Star bashing Barbara and Barbara sticking the shiv back in Star.
And then there is always the ongoing Keith Olberman-Bill O'Reilly battle. Olberman calls O'Reilly the Big Giant Head.
Olberman gave Bill and Fox some hilarious digs recently over ratings, which, will still much bigger than Olberman's, are trending down, while Keith's are trending up:
Listen, Slappy, Fox's ratings are lower than they were five years ago.
Billo! 267,000 of your nightly viewers have vanished since last June. Call Fox Security! They're missing!
All eleven of Fox's regular shows' ratings are down, four of them are down by fifteen percent or more.
If John Gibson loses any more audience he won't need a microphone.
And your boss? Jabba the Hut? He's taking out ads threatening to fire his own employees!
Your 'ratings whuppin' stick' is now smaller than your falafel!
Bill, seriously, it's slipping away from you. You don't know what to do. You can't even lie well any more.
Seriously: I understand. It's called panic. Like what happened to you in Scranton. And Hartford. And Boston with that thing with the egg on Zippy the sportscaster's face. And at ABC when Rick Kaplan got you fired.
You begin to see the audience dying off, and the creases deepening in your forehead, and the loofahs drying up. You make mistakes, you trust the wrong people, you blame Al Franken, you yell at somebody, you yell at everybody. It feels like the ladder is teetering.
You're tired, you're depressed, you're anxious, you're balding.
Let me give you three words of advice, Billo:
Keep It Up!
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jo...
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money....
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)