Thursday, June 29, 2006
God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
I really need to start hanging out more with innocent-looking girls.
Or at least always time bar visits to the bartender change-of-shift thing.
Wednesday, I did happy hour at Choice with my bud, Jan Brady. I got there a bit before she got off work and started first. Over the course of the evening, I had five (count 'em) five martinis. Jan, so innocent, had only one.
But, when she came in, she ordered the same watermelon martini I was swilling at that point. (I switched over a few times, sampling the lemon drop (1), watermelon (1) , and chocolate (3) – mmm).
Anyway, our initial bartender went off-duty halfway through this extravaganza, and a new bartender came on. At the end of the night, he brought the bills over, charging two watermelon martinis on her check and none on mine. (Although the bastard did charge me for the other four drinks I had.)
I guess when he saw the list, he figured I couldn't possibly have had five of the six drinks, and, since there were two watermelon martinis, he assumed they both had to be Jan's, since she was sitting there looking very innocent with a martini glass with a little watermelon slice on the edge.
Jan, of course, was indignant that she didn't have two watermelons. So he took one off her bill.
Me, I pretended I didn't know what the hell they were arguing about.
Posted by J at 12:29 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)