Thursday, June 15, 2006
Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
Sometimes Amazon is amazing.
My printer was starting to die on me, so yesterday I was looking for a new one, and saw a nice HP multi-purpose on Amazon for $149. It's pretty cool, a color printer-copier-fax-scanner all in one. I can open my own little Kinko's here. (Except, I'll call it Kinky's of course - hey, you've been a great audience).
Anyway, my doorman buzzed me a little while ago. The UPS guy had just dropped it off.
And the amazing thing is, I ordered it with the supersaver free delivery option. No delivery charge, and they said it would arrive around June 20. There actually is an expedited shipping option, 2-4 days delivery for $15. If I had ordered that, it probably wouldn't have got here for at least two days - instead, it came overnight for free.
I just checked the UPS tracking thing on the Net. It was picked up from HP in Secaucus, NJ, last night at 9 pm. Left UPS Secaucus at 2 am, arrived at UPS in The Bronx at 3 am. Left The Bronx for delivery this morning at 5 am, and arrived at chez jbk an hour ago. Pretty cool.
By the way, if anyone from Amazon is reading this, don't get too puffed up. I've had a Louis Armstrong box set on order since May 12. The damn thing still hasn't been shipped.
But kudos on the printer delivery.
Posted by J at 12:05 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I love when famous people fight
- Ahem: cough, cough
- Girls, I'm available to consult
- Now if I can just hook up with Kirsten Dunst when ...
- God bless the innocents...and a change of shifts
- That's a shame
- Then they'll play Boggle
- Can't keep em' straight without a program
- Dork Patrol
- New name for Viagra-loving Rush Limbaugh
- Sign of the apocalypse # 18
- Fat Bastard in trouble again
- Tethered (by the) balls
- Sign # 26 that I have to be more mature
- They better not roll over on this one
- They really are evil
- Hey Ya, Snoopy
- How are those hermetically sealed offices in midto...
- Weekend movie marathon rants and blahs
- Weekend household tip # 14
- The things you learn in bars
- Can we put them in charge of FEMA?
- Elections have consequences
- Turning the corner, yet again?
- People are annoying: part 17
- On the other hand, they weren't playing any Bon Jovi
- I'm in love with a Jersey girl...
- Random thoughts for a Friday afternoon
- My favorite billionaire
- Good for Hillary!
- Like crabs, they will be back
- Nice to see we have our priorities straight
- Has she finally went too far?
- Can these people stoop any lower?
- Now THIS is what you call acting
- “Oh yeah, that's the good stuff”
- Skunk alert
- Why does it happen right at this crucial time in o...
- Jesus H. Christ
- And the fourth toe on her left foot is too short
- One more reason to hate him
- What gave me away? Dropping the F bombs, the gratu...
- As long as East Bumfuck, Nebraska gets some money...
- And that tsunami thing, that was a hoot too
- ▼ June (49)