Monday, May 01, 2006
This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas decide what cases to hear
The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Anna Nicole Smith in her quest to get millions of dollars from her late billionaire husband's will, which is being contested by the guy's children.
The Bush administration has instituted warrentless wiretapping of American citizens, thrown hundreds of people they say are terorists into jail without charging them with anything, and let the oil companies write the nation's energy policy, and the Court sits by despite legal challenges being raised in those cases - but this one they decide in record time. Nice to see their priorities.
And, contrary to rumor, porn-loving Clarence Thomas' hands were visible on the bench the entire time the case was being argued. I don't know how those rumors get started.
Posted by J at 11:42 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)