Tuesday, May 30, 2006
A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
Ahh, Cape Cod, Memorial Day Weekend. An incredibly relaxing and drunken time was had by all. Not to mention lots of sea food consumed, and a little bit of sun burn - ouch.
Did you know Memorial Day, the fourth Monday in May, is the first federal holiday in the U.S. after President's Day comes along in February? A gap of three long months.
It's no wonder the Europeans, who have six-week summer vacations annually, not to mention lots of individual holidays sprinkled thoughout the calendar year, think Americans are crazy. Or indentured servants to our corporate overlords. Which is basically about right.
Posted by J at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)
I was at Belmar this weekend and got sunburned too, even though every year I swear I won't any more! hehe
Whats the difference between a Cape Cod and a Seabreeze? Are they the same drink???
I love Cape Cod. We used to go there almost every year when I was little. Did you eat lots of clams JBK?:)
Verklempt - I think a seabreeze has grapefruit juice in it and a cape cod has cranberry juice.
We had a guy working in our office for a year who was from the London division of my company and he was amazed at how little time off Americans take for vacation compared to there or just about anywhere else in Europe. They have a much better quality of life there I think.
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
I find some information here.
Post a Comment