Our long national nightmare may finally be over. No, not the Bush presidency and the war in Iraq. That's going to be around for a while, I'm afraid.
I'm talking about something even more soul draining: the kitchen renovation from hell – oy! (TM).
The cabinets went in two weeks ago, the new appliances came last week, and the floor is being done today. I'm going to wait a while to do the counter top, because, frankly, I just don't have the energy to deal with it. I seriously don't know how people have the patience to renovate an entire suburban house. I'm exhausted just from my little Manhattan kitchen, and, needless to say, I didn't even personally pick up a goddamn hammer the entire time.
Actually, my friends may be even happier about this than I am. First, they won't have to hear me bitch about this project any more. And, second, I have just placed an order for yummy Omaha steaks, as I had let my freezer get depleted in preparation for the appliance switch over. Soon, a select few of the carnivorous and greedy will be individually invited over (I don't do dinner parties well) for a delightful home-cooked filet mignon - if they play their cards right.
And sorry, Veganerd and all you other vegans out there – I know I'm being incredibly weak and hypocritical when it comes to my animal-loving, yet red meat-eating ways. I'm trying to work on it. This is my last Omaha order.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)
OK I WANT A DINNER! :)
lol it doesnt matter how small the space is, whenever you get involved with a renovation it can't help but become a nightmare - things lead to other things, it never goes as the contractor promised, and before you know it you're going nuts. Good luck with it though!
damn that steak looks good!
dont apologize to me.....im not the one youre eating. congratulations on your kitchen. i wish i had a new one. mine sucks.
Ahh veganerd, I like the way you operate with these meat eaters, that subtle yet not too overbearing guilt. Salut! :)
merci beacoup. honestly it depends on my mood. ive been known to be downright hostile a time or two.
I wish I had a kitchen I could renovate. The closest we can come to renovating in our rented apartment is painting the walls.
Not a Hipster wait until you stop renting and get your own place, which you will one day, you will love having a kitchen that belongs to you and you can make it any way you want! Any time we have a party, the kitchen is where everyone meets so I think we actually spent more on the kitchen than on our living room which actually didn't need much work but the kitchen did! :)
I want a steak! Where is my invite?
I dont even know you and I want a steak invite too! :)
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
I find some information here.
Post a Comment