Our long national nightmare may finally be over. No, not the Bush presidency and the war in Iraq. That's going to be around for a while, I'm afraid.
I'm talking about something even more soul draining: the kitchen renovation from hell – oy! (TM).
The cabinets went in two weeks ago, the new appliances came last week, and the floor is being done today. I'm going to wait a while to do the counter top, because, frankly, I just don't have the energy to deal with it. I seriously don't know how people have the patience to renovate an entire suburban house. I'm exhausted just from my little Manhattan kitchen, and, needless to say, I didn't even personally pick up a goddamn hammer the entire time.
Actually, my friends may be even happier about this than I am. First, they won't have to hear me bitch about this project any more. And, second, I have just placed an order for yummy Omaha steaks, as I had let my freezer get depleted in preparation for the appliance switch over. Soon, a select few of the carnivorous and greedy will be individually invited over (I don't do dinner parties well) for a delightful home-cooked filet mignon - if they play their cards right.
And sorry, Veganerd and all you other vegans out there – I know I'm being incredibly weak and hypocritical when it comes to my animal-loving, yet red meat-eating ways. I'm trying to work on it. This is my last Omaha order.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)