Bush and his cronies are telling us conditions in Iraq are improving, and that nasty liberal media is just concentrating on all the negatives - you know, little things like car bombings, and troop killings, and the fact that water and electrical delivery to the Iraqi people is at lower levels today than before the war.
Yes, things are going swimmingly over there, right? Er, well if you believe The Times of London, maybe not so much:
"The fragile state of the sectarian divide in Iraqi politics was exposed today when a fight broke out in parliament after a mobile phone ringtone played a Shia Muslim chant.
A procedural session of the Iraqi parliament was suspended as Shia and Sunni leaders stormed out to protest the ringtone and the subsequent scuffle, which erupted between the armed bodyguards of the Sunni speaker Mahmoud al-Mashhadani and the hardline Shia politician, Gufran al-Saidi."
Thursday, May 11, 2006
I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the crosstown 86th Street bus rang "Feeling On Yo Booty" for 2 blocks
Posted by J at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)
Heckuva job, Bushie!
haha I got stuck once next to a guy whose cell phone ring was the theme song for Gilligans Island, and it rang about 4 times in 10 minutes at the bar I was at. I wanted to take the phone and smash it after a while:)
Backstreet Boys I want My Baby Back - worst ring ever!!!
Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
Post a Comment