The right-wingers are sure to be boasting that the Bush economy is really doing well and the stock market is booming. In fact, the Dow is approaching a six-year high:
"In late morning trading, the Dow Jones industrial average climbed 89.01, or 0.78 percent, to 11,527.87, a fresh six-year high and less than 200 points away from its all-time high of 11,722.98, reached Jan. 14, 2000."
Which is fine. But another way of looking at it is that means the Dow is only now getting back to where it was six years ago. In other words, you might have been better off putting your money under your mattress. Because if you've had it in the market, or your 401K funds are vested in the market, you probably haven't gained much, and may even have lost a good chunk of change.
When Bill Clinton was in office in 2000, and, of course, the six previous years, not only were wages for working Americans steadily increasing, but the investor class was doing great too, the market was booming. And this was after he had inherited an anemic economy from Bush, Sr., with budgetary deficits as far as the eye could see. Clinton cleared the mess up, gave the country surpluses as far as the eye could see - and then Boy George came to town and, well, say good bye to those surpluses and that economy.
So, thanks to the economic policies of Bush and his cronies, the market is finally getting back to where we were SIX freaking years ago. Thanks for nothing, fucktard.
Friday, May 05, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
Anyone understand it?
Only for your car! immobilizer diagnostics ECUReader visa
alfa romeo relay site alfa romeo air bag sensor available alfa romeo detonation parts toyota toyota
alfa romeo immo automobiles
alfa romeo air bag on preparation
alfa romeo replace
Post a Comment