Wednesday, May 03, 2006
He really is Dr. Evil
Dick Cheney is often seen as the real power in the White House, the puppetmaster pulling the strings on Boy George to benefit his corporate friends, and, of course, he was one of the most vocal proponents of the Iraq debacle.
A fascinating profile of him in Vanity Fair by Todd Purdum also points out that Cheney is paranoid, bizarre, and, well, just plain nuts.
"When he gave his friend Robin West and his twin children a ride to the White House a couple of years ago, West commented on the fact that Cheney's motorcade varied its daily path. 'And he said, "Yeah, we take different routes so that 'The Jackal' can't get me," ' West tells Purdum. 'And then there was this big duffel bag in the middle of the backseat, and I said, "What's that? It's not very roomy in here." And [Cheney] said, "No, because it's a chemical-biological suit," and he looked at it and said, "Robin, there's only one. You lose.' "
And, despite suffering several well-publicized heart "incidents," Cheney apparently continues to eat like a madman: "At age 65, Cheney is easily 30 or more pounds overweight, seems to have slacked off on what was once a more rigorous diet, and appears to suffer from recurrent bouts of gout. At a roundtable lunch with reporters a couple of years ago, two who were present say, he cut his buffalo steak in bite-size pieces the moment it arrived, then proceeded to salt each side of each piece."
This is the guy running the country. Jeez, hard to believe we're in so much trouble, isn't it?
Posted by J at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)
maybe that explains why he always looks constipated
I would say - good maybe he'll keel over from another heart attack, but then Bush will put someone in as VP who then runs as the Republican president candidate in 2008 and who will have a leg up on the Democrat, so I worry about that.
He eats buffalo steak? What a horrible man.
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
Post a Comment