It's not enough that Bush and his party are already the most radical, right-wing group to run this country, constantly slavering over the religious lunatics of the Christian right. It's not enough that they have went out of their way to put incredibly conservative judges on the courts, and make no bones that their ultimate goal is to ban abortion, and then start on contraception. Or that they have scapegoated homosexuals and show all likelihood of doing it again this Congressional election season, putting same-sex marriage bans on state ballots to bring out the bigots.
No, that's not enough for the Christian mullahs who pull the strings on the GOP. According to The Times:
"Some of President Bush's most influential conservative Christian allies are becoming openly critical of the White House and Republicans in Congress, warning that they will withhold their support in the midterm elections unless Congress does more to oppose same-sex marriage, obscenity and abortion."
Bush is in polling free fall, and Congressional Republicans aren't far behind him in unpopularity. So what's the solution after they've managed to weaken the nation's economy, drag us into a debacle of an unnecessary war, severely botched the response to Katrina, and are listening in on our phone calls? Well, gotta get them homos! Because, you know, that same-sex marriage thing will just, er, what? I've still never heard it explained how two guys getting married in San Francisco can threaten anyone else's marriage.
What a pathetic group of slugs these people are.
Monday, May 15, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)