Well, it happened again. I got finagled into watching another bad chick flick, Sunday night.
My friend Sarah came over to watch HBO's The Sopranos, because I have the best TV. After it was over, we started looking for a movie, and she convinced me to try something called Wicker Park.
I barely knew any of the actors in it, and had never heard of this movie when it came out. Apparently there was a good reason for that.
The plot line, as described by imdb: "Investment Banker Matthew, a young advertising executive in Chicago, puts his life and a business trip to China on hold when he thinks he sees Lisa, the love of his life who walked out on him without a word two years earlier, walking out of a restaurant one day. With a little help from his friend Luke, Matthew obsessively and relentlessly tracks Lisa down and while doing so, runs into another young woman, calling herself Lisa whom, unknown to Matthew, is an actress named Alex and may hold the key to Lisa's disappearance, and discovery."
That doesn't do it justice. Wow, was it stupid.
First of all, it had one of those ridiculously hard to follow plots, with sequences flashing randomly back in time, and I finally dozed off about a quarter way through it. When I woke up, about half way through the film, I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. And Sarah, who had inexplicably remained awake, couldn't really fill me in, because she wasn't sure herself. And, again, she had been awake the entire time!
Towards the end, we figured out what was happening, but, it was so stupid and unrealistic, that when I harangued her for choosing this movie, she didn't argue back, as she normally does.
And apparently Josh Harnett is considered a sex symbol? Oy. Save us all.
Let's just say, you know it's a bad movie when the guy who played Shaggy in Scooby Doo is the best actor in it.
Monday, May 08, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I like New York in June..how about you?
- Do you want to hear the good news first, or the ba...
- A place, a state of mind...a refreshing drink
- He giveth and He taketh
- Oh yeah, and that weapons of mass destruction thin...
- Light at the end of the tunnel?
- Now if she can only talk to W. about Iraq
- I blame the olive cartel
- Then he hurried home to watch "Anal Bandits 5"
- And then I gave thanks to baby Jesus
- And, of course, I didn't know any of them
- Making us proud as always
- They don't even blush at their lack of principles
- Two hours just isn't enough for lunch
- Isn't there a fucking Chuck E. Cheese anywhere in ...
- Catholics and albinos of the world unite!
- A reminder: turn over your wombs gals, you don't o...
- Get ready for Scarlet A's to start making appearances
- I wanted to do the same thing when a phone on the ...
- What's up with Hillary?
- Don't fall asleep
- Karma is a bitch
- I'm nauseous
- Sometimes I think I'm from another planet
- And for his next magic trick, maybe he'll, er, act...
- I thought it was when he balanced the budget and b...
- Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame ...
- Hmm, now let me see...who was President then?
- And she's probably somebody's wife now...
- Survey says: paranoid
- I think I met someone like this last night at a ma...
- He really is Dr. Evil
- Usually they just spit in your food if they're angry
- This year's gay marriage?
- New Jersey and you...and avian flu
- This is what happens when they let Clarence Thomas...
- ▼ May (38)