Thursday, April 27, 2006
When does the revolution start?
Have you seen this “Super Sweet 16” show that airs periodically on MTV? It's the one where these rich fucks get thrown ridiculously over-the-top 16th birthday or graduation parties, doted on by too-stupid and too-rich-for-their-own-good parents.
The parties cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, feature the kids making grand entrances, as if they were famous or royalty, and usually always contain a scene where the kid is arguing with their parents, bitching about not getting enough, or being pleasantly surprised by a REALLY ridiculous gift.
It's best seen, in a Times article about the show, in a segment featuring Texas sisters of Indian parentage:
“Their Bollywood-themed party for 500 guests will be held in the family's backyard — all 4½ acres, behind the 10,000-square-foot house. The Format, their favorite band, will perform. And they will make their grand entrance on litters, during an elaborate procession led by elephants. The sisters, who plan to perform a choreographed routine at their to-do next month, are also taking dance lessons, and they've enlisted the help of a trainer.
"We both want to lose three pounds," said Priya, who received a Mercedes convertible and an assortment of diamond jewelry for her birthday. Her sister's graduation gift package included a Bentley, diamonds and two homes in India.
"I was really surprised," Divya said, "because I was only expecting a Bentley and one house."
Just last month they gave a preparty where invitations to their coming event were handed out by body builders whom Priya ordered not to smile. "Assistants are not supposed to smile," she explained."
You know, it's always a nice surprise when you're only expecting one home and get a second one too.
All the kids featured on the show are, needless to say, incredibly spoiled brats, invariably obnoxious (especially the girls, for some reason) and very shallow.
But, they are also 16-years-old, and they really don't seem to know any better.
The parents are the fucktards here, to allow this to happen, to encourage it, in fact, and to instill this type of value system in their offspring.
Listen, part of this is probably just seething envy that I didn't get a Bentley and a home when I turned 16 (although I'm not sure I would want one in India, but, you know, I wouldn't have said no to a little place in Vegas), but really, not only do they act like this, it's even worse that they enjoy having the world see it on MTV.
It really does epitomize the era of Bush: the super rich gets theirs, and everyone else can eat a little bit of cake.
Posted by J at 11:44 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)
ohmygod every time I see that show I want to slap those girls! They are the worst brats, and they way they lord it all over their "friends" is pathetic.
lol I got a backyard pool party with an actual d.j. and an ice cream stand for my 16th and was thrilled to get it!
The kids on that show are going to be the most horrible adults because look at what they were bought up like. They expect everything handed to them on a silver platter, and if they dont get exactly their way they will whine and moan and throw a tantrum. Can you imagine either having one work for you or even worse to work for one as a boss one day?
I know people like those kids, and they are obnoxious and people kiss their ass because they're filthy rich. I find it repulsive!
Post a Comment