I hadn't actually planned to see The Da Vinci Code film when it hits theaters, mostly because I'm one of the few people I know who haven't read the damn book, and, while the plot sounds somewhat intriguing, it also sounds somewhat hackneyed.
But now that I see that right-wing Christian groups are denouncing the Tom Hanks adaptation, setting up Web sites, and airing broadcasts blasting the movie, I think I will go, just to shove it to these bastards.
Any movie that the slimy James Dobson of the sleazy Focus on the Family group is against, I'm for.
(And I hope Tom eats a tiny corn on the cob in this one, like he did in Big. That cracked me up.)
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)
The book is actually quite good. Like the blog - check out mine multimediaman
Yep, the book IS pretty good. JBK, if nothing else it's a good summer beach read. I'll go see the movie too although I'm usually disappointed by the movie versions of books I've read.
JBK - I agree with the previous posters, you will like Da Vinci Code, at least the book, and Tom Hanks is usually good in whatever he does so the movie should be fun too. I can't wait to see it!
I don't know, the movie doesn't look so good - Tom Hanks looks pretty weird in the pictures and clips I've seen. Not like what I pictured.
Post a Comment