About a year ago, I switched from Time Warner Cable to RCN, because they were offering a special promotional price on the bundled package, where you get phone, Internet and cable TV service.
That promotion ended last month and the bill shot up about $30 a month, so, of course, I switched back to Time Warner, because they had a good offer to lure me back, and also, I sort of missed NY1, the 24-hour New York cable news channel, which is a Time Warner station, so doesn't air on RCN cable.
I just got a call from "Becky" from RCN asking what she can do to lure me back. (And, no, I didn't make any lewd suggesions). Anyway, I kvetched a little about their prices, and played hard to get, I'm very happy with TW, yadda, yadda - and she practically begged me to reconsider. Then said she was going to draw up a special price plan and email it to me and if I go back they will make it worth my while.
Competition is good.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)
You're lucky you have 2 cable companies that compete. We only have Comcast here and they SUCK!
hehe when I saw the head line I thought it was going to be about a real catfight. Too bad! :)
Post a Comment