Saturday was a great day and night for movies. It was crummy weather here in NY all day - grey, cloudy, rainy, and I think the temperature even dipped to the 40s (what the hell happened to Spring?)
My friend Scooby Doo Velma came over and we had a cable movie marathon. We went through five – count 'em – five!! movies, through the course of the proceedings.
Multiple movies along with pizza, red wine, beer, Jack & Cokes (me) and screwdrivers (her). Sure, totally derelict, but fun.
We watched “Man on Fire,” “Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country,” “Crash,” “Suspect Zero” and “Working Girl.”
Well, ok, let me clarify - I started to watch Working Girl. (I think I've actually started to watch it in the past, too, and have never quite made it all the way through).
I dozed off when Melanie Griffith still had big poofy Staten Island hair and racoon eyes, and woke up toward the end when she was more stylish. One of these days, I will see this film from beginning to end. I hear it's not bad.
In my defense: A) it is a major chick flick, and B) by the time it came on it was about 2 am, and, at this point, I had consumed, well, wine, beer, and bourbon. Velma, on the other hand, has amazingly feral tolerance.
She also has a habit of commenting on scenes, talking to the characters, and tearing up at emotional moments (a total wreck during parts of “Man on Fire”). As I tell her, if I wanted the commentary track, I would get the DVD, but she never listens to me.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)