I did it again. Another blind date from hell, Tuesday night.
I've said before that one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result each time, so I might actually be clinically insane to keep going on these things. But, in my defense, I will also say that I am an eternal optimist when it comes to the heart, so who knows.
I usually don't talk about personal stuff on this blog, but this one wanted to take a picture of us together on her cell phone cam, and, with my horrible luck, she probably has her own damn blog and I will end up on it.
Actually, this one wasn't as bad as previous b.d.'s, at least as far as a bizarre proclamation from her – like the girl who informed me within 10 minutes of meeting that she was a virgin and planned to stay one until she got married (yeah, that's just what a guy wants to hear on a first date - talk of virginity and marriage). Or the charmer who told me she hadn't shaved her legs in 3 years and hoped that didn't bother me (strangely enough it did). Or the one who still lived at home and had a 10 pm curfew! (don't worry, hun, I get the feeling this won't last too late).
How my friends come up with these girls, I don't know. I almost think it's a cruel conspiracy for their own amusement to fix me up with the most bizarre girls in NYC – and that's saying something considering some of the wackadoos that are out there.
Anyway, it started out fine. We met for happy hour drinks, and she was very cute (as promised) and we had a good convo going. She worked in advertising, and had some funny stories about her job. And she liked to drink, which is always a plus. But, I will say, she was downing some vodka concoctions faster than I was my Jack and Cokes, which is astounding, and I only mention this because of what happened later.
At about 9, we were getting hungry (I had been painting my kitchen much of the day, and I hadn't even had a real lunch) so I suggested sushi. Well, to my surprise, she told me she had never had sushi before. Now, who hasn't had sushi? Consumption of it is practically a New York residency law.
But she had only moved to the city last year, and apparently sushi wasn't a big thing in the little town in Colorado, where she was from.
So we headed to Haru and I pointed out a few innocuous items on the menu she could probably handle, and she seemed to like them. And we had several little bottles of sake with the food, of course, which she also had never had before.
Now, I don't know if it was the multiple vodka/sake combo, or the raw fish, but at about 11 she started to look a little green, and excused herself to go to the bathroom. Well, you can see where this is going. She was away for a long time, even for a girl (hah) and when she came back, let's just say there was evidence of, er, spillage on her shirt.
Yes. This girl threw up on a date with moi.
It really doesn't get any more ego-gratifying than that.
But the topper was that she was actually mad at me! I shouldnt have let her have the sake, I shouldn't have suggested sushi since it was probably spoiled.
I'm going back to pornography. It doesn't give you grief.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)