Sunday, April 23, 2006
Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck anytime...and some freaking sharks with laser beams
I see that people are, rightly, outraged at the price of gasoline, which is over $3 a gallon in a lot of the country.
Now, living in Manhattan, and not having or needing a car, it doesn't directly affect me that much. I have my monthly Metrocard for the subways and buses that run 24 hours a day, plus 30,000 yellow cabs, and they're all I need to get around.
Of course, the prices of goods shipped into the city are no doubt impacted when fuel prices drive up costs for stores and restaurants, but, the point is, I'm not feeling the pinch every week when I fill up a gas tank like those folks in suburbia have to do.
What I don't understand is people bitching at paying $3 for a gallon of gas, but thinking nothing of dropping $5 for a 12-ounce cup of coffee at Starbucks.
What is that per gallon? About $50, if my calculation is right.
It surely takes a lot more to obtain, refine, and distribute that gasoline selling for three bucks a gallon, than it does coffee selling for fifty bucks a gallon.
You Starbucks fans are just nuts. Topped with chocolate drizzle, of course.
Posted by J at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)
But the white chocolate mocha is soooooo good! :)
Even Dunkin Donuts at $1 a cup is $10 a gallon then!! Not as bad as $50 but still crazy.
haha but what does a pint of beer or a Jack Daniels cost per gallon? Like a thousand dollars!!!
Post a Comment