I take a back seat to no one in my love of animals. In fact, I like many animals better than I like many people, who, let's face it, can be annoying as fuck.
But, sometimes, even I just have to shake my head.
I had one of my periodic bouts of insomnia last night, so there I was at 3 am, flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. (And couldn't find a damn thing, by the way, even though the cable starts at NY1 and goes up to something like ch. 1926, including every goddamn movie station, all their multiple feeds and on-demands, etc. I ended up watching “Sex and the City” on HBO, because, you know, sometimes you get to see Kristin Davis' boobs).
Anyway, I digress. So, I'm flipping and come upon this late-night commercial for something called Doggie Steps. Have you seen these ads?
They are little 3-step stairways that look like they're about a foot wide, and, apparently, they sell them to people whose dogs are too small or too arthritic to be able to jump or climb.
And they show footage of dogs merrily prancing up these little stairways to get on beds or in cars.
I mean, jeezus
First of all, if you love your dog so much, and you allow him to sleep on your bed, just pick the damn pooch up and put him there. And is it really that convenient to lug this “stairway” outside to the driveway to get him in the car? Can that actually be somehow easier than picking him up?
And evidently there is a whole Coke-Pepsi rivalry thing going on in the highly competitive and no doubt cut-throat doggie steps industry. This ad said their product was much cheaper than others that sell for $100! And, of course, in typical late-night commercial spiel, it said if you order one, you get a second free, just pay shipping and handling (which is probably a hundred bucks anyway). But, hey, you can never have too many doggie steps, I guess.
I don't know which is sadder - that there are people gullible enough to spend money on these silly things, or that there are companies greedy enough to take their money?
Monday, April 17, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Oy gevalt
- Hello, can someone do this story?
- I love having the gals fight over me
- When does the revolution start?
- New Jersey and you...and anthrax-ridden mice
- Guns, gas, God and gays - the Republican platform
- Yeah, I'll admit it, I can be a bum
- Is there anything he touches that doesn't become a...
- Here's a suggestion, George - look in the goddamn ...
- Woke up this morning
- Give me a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for a buck ...
- Speaking of movies....
- Hooray for Hollywood
- I don't have to open the door myself - yeaaa!
- Why don't they just keep 'em chained up in the kit...
- Hello Satan, my usual table, please
- I hope they don't rent hotel rooms later for a pos...
- And they say white people have no rhythm
- Did they finally run out of swamp land in Florida ...
- And I thought TOM was sort of wacky
- And she still doesn't understand why I call her Corky
- Watch out Ecuador, we're coming to take your spot
- On all other nights, I don't have a cannon ball in...
- Working the refs
- (S+C) x (B+F)/T = V
- Coming soon to a state near you?
- Warning: New York chauvinism coming up
- People suck
- See what happens if you put your mind to it...and ...
- Are they delusional?
- You say you want a revolution
- Katie did...finally
- What the #&*$@?
- And he actually won a damn war
- "Kvetching with desiah..."
- Now, if I can only get them filled with Jack Danie...
- “I am big, it's the pictures that got small.”
- They had me coming and going
- Instant karma's gonna get you
- What's next? Sending suicide bombers to Cancun?
- F-me pumps at brunch?
- ▼ April (42)