Ivanka was on The Apprentice tonight. Yummy.
She's such a blonde, cold, cynical, ice queen.
Although I did likee her better with long hair.
She's sort of my female counterpart, actually -- well, except for that whole billion dollar inheritance thing, I guess. But I would love to tame that little vixen. Oh, and I would tame her, trust me.
Seriously, though, I don't know why I still watch this program. It's the only “reality” show I do watch on a regular basis, and while it's not as phony as the romance shows, it's just about as goofy as the rest of them.
But the group of contestants are usually interesting enough, or cute enough (holllaa back little Stacey) and the scenarios are just bizarre enough that you get caught up. Plus, fuck it, it's Monday night; what the hell else am I going to watch? Two and half men?
This season, I see they've already picked the guy that everyone roots against. Brent, the pudgy lawyer from Fort Lauderdale. The other teammates already hate him, and he does seem a little, what's the word, inappropriate? But, he's not been fired by Trump yet, and this is why you always have to take the whole “reality” tag with a grain of salt.
If you carefully read the disclaimer that scrolls by at the end of the show, you see it says something to the effect that the producers have “consulted” on the outcome, but the final decision is made by The Donald himself.
Well, you just know that the producers are telling him, in that commercial break before the firing: “Ok, Brent is a joke, you would never hire him, but it's good TV to keep him around for a while. People like to watch a train wreck.”
Ahh, what a wonderful business TV is.
Monday, March 06, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Can you hear me now?
- Jesus H. Christ
- Join the club
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Scalia is such un succhiatore
- They must be heathens
- The terrorists have won
- I loved Crazy Cat on the Cartoon Network
- Well, I must be a goddamn general by now
- I think I need a damn Tampon now
- What am I, Google?
- Ohh mah gaaahhd, like, I know gurrls like thaaat
- Is this the seventh sign of the apocalypse?
- Everything will be good now
- Now, if I can only find a place where they fry bre...
- Lara Logan on fire
- That sounds familiar
- That didn't last long
- Oy gevalt
- I'd be screaming like a little girl
- The sharks were better actors
- Another Bush foreign policy success story
- What - is he in the Rolling Stones?
- He's probably going to be the next Secretary of Labor
- Sanity in South Dakota?
- Pass that buck
- She didn't say anything about black and white cookies
- Greed in the record industry? Shocking!
- Maybe he was just afraid of getting shot in the face?
- What's black and white and yummy all over?
- Seriously, can they get any scummier?
- Steaks and traitors and Scotch – oh my
- In-sane (adj.)
- It's about time
- Ladies, start your engines...of envy
- Can we at least call it a George Horse?
- Tall and tan and young and lovely....
- I hope they were wearing their protective vests
- I hear the call of the loon
- Reading is fundamental
- Corky or Lucy? You make the call
- There better be a goddamn revolution in November
- Good for her
- She wanted a salmon roll...in the hay
- SFX indeed
- His name will suddenly be very appropriate
- What's a little E. coli among friends
- March 14 - what a glorious day
- Is Erica Kane going to be named Secretary of State...
- Another glamorous night in the Big Apple
- The mind absolutely boggles
- Who are these heathens?
- His poll numbers are so bad he had to return to th...
- A bob job vs. a war? Not even close for Sen. Bill ...
- Now THAT'S my type
- Who knew so many people liked carrot juice?
- “That coat check girl has a name.”
- He's actually a small time piker in the usual scal...
- Where are the goddamn angry women?
- I survived!
- Bada bing
- George who?
- Someone didn't get the talking points
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Well, let me transfer my bank account info over to...
- It's a small world after all
- That little filly needs tamed -- and I'm just the ...
- They're just mad Bruce Willis hasn't been nominate...
- Piano Man
- Saturday rejuvenation tip # 26
- Speaking of God, it's about God damn time
- I really want to be an astronaut! No, wait, a fire...
- Now he tells us
- Dance, puppet, dance
- It's one of the seven deadly sins, you know
- Move over Georgina Bloomberg
- What's up with this seeing a celebrity thing?
- ▼ March (82)