I went to Minado for sushi tonight, and, while it's not Nobu quality, it's not bad. And, hey, it's all-you-can-eat. How can you go wrong? One damn tuna roll at Nobu probably costs the entire meal here.
I was with my friend, “Velma,” (so named because she does the worst impression of Scooby Doo's laugh, which she actually thinks is hilarious, no matter how often I tell her it's just terrible. And she does wear knee-high socks sometimes, which me likee).
Anyway, I don't know if it was all the sushi, but she dirtily suggested that since yesterday was that glorious holiday that I wrote about here, then perhaps today should be proclaimed as the female counterpart (although she said it much more obscenely than that – but this is a family blog). More likely, of course, it was the four little bottles of sake we guzzled down.
But, as I gently reminded her – that's the only special day we guys get designated, so calm the hell down, already. See, we can't even get a special day for ourselves without the gals wanting to horn in on it. The little tarts.
And I can selfishly say those things to Velma and she will laugh, because she's one of that strange species - an ex that I've stayed on good terms with. We went out about three years ago, but we still hang out, go drinking, have movie nights, and, yes, occasionally, er, rendezvous, when we're both single at the same time.
I'm sure just about everyone's been in ex hook-ups, and I'm equally sure they go against everything a relationship expert would say is healthy, about letting go, about making it all about the future not the past. But, the hell with it. At least we each know the other is not a psycho.
And, trust me, those relationship experts haven't a clue about the psycho single girls that roam around New York City, often in packs. The little academic theories don't work so well in this town. Hey, am I right, guys, or what? Okay, that's a rhetorical; I'm a tad buzzed and going to bed now. I don't even have the energy to rant about politics.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Can you hear me now?
- Jesus H. Christ
- Join the club
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Scalia is such un succhiatore
- They must be heathens
- The terrorists have won
- I loved Crazy Cat on the Cartoon Network
- Well, I must be a goddamn general by now
- I think I need a damn Tampon now
- What am I, Google?
- Ohh mah gaaahhd, like, I know gurrls like thaaat
- Is this the seventh sign of the apocalypse?
- Everything will be good now
- Now, if I can only find a place where they fry bre...
- Lara Logan on fire
- That sounds familiar
- That didn't last long
- Oy gevalt
- I'd be screaming like a little girl
- The sharks were better actors
- Another Bush foreign policy success story
- What - is he in the Rolling Stones?
- He's probably going to be the next Secretary of Labor
- Sanity in South Dakota?
- Pass that buck
- She didn't say anything about black and white cookies
- Greed in the record industry? Shocking!
- Maybe he was just afraid of getting shot in the face?
- What's black and white and yummy all over?
- Seriously, can they get any scummier?
- Steaks and traitors and Scotch – oh my
- In-sane (adj.)
- It's about time
- Ladies, start your engines...of envy
- Can we at least call it a George Horse?
- Tall and tan and young and lovely....
- I hope they were wearing their protective vests
- I hear the call of the loon
- Reading is fundamental
- Corky or Lucy? You make the call
- There better be a goddamn revolution in November
- Good for her
- She wanted a salmon roll...in the hay
- SFX indeed
- His name will suddenly be very appropriate
- What's a little E. coli among friends
- March 14 - what a glorious day
- Is Erica Kane going to be named Secretary of State...
- Another glamorous night in the Big Apple
- The mind absolutely boggles
- Who are these heathens?
- His poll numbers are so bad he had to return to th...
- A bob job vs. a war? Not even close for Sen. Bill ...
- Now THAT'S my type
- Who knew so many people liked carrot juice?
- “That coat check girl has a name.”
- He's actually a small time piker in the usual scal...
- Where are the goddamn angry women?
- I survived!
- Bada bing
- George who?
- Someone didn't get the talking points
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Well, let me transfer my bank account info over to...
- It's a small world after all
- That little filly needs tamed -- and I'm just the ...
- They're just mad Bruce Willis hasn't been nominate...
- Piano Man
- Saturday rejuvenation tip # 26
- Speaking of God, it's about God damn time
- I really want to be an astronaut! No, wait, a fire...
- Now he tells us
- Dance, puppet, dance
- It's one of the seven deadly sins, you know
- Move over Georgina Bloomberg
- What's up with this seeing a celebrity thing?
- ▼ March (82)