Lara Logan, war correspondent for CBS News, was on CNN's “Reliable Sources” today from Baghdad and let the administration and its media apologists have it with both barrels. As you may know, Bush, Cheney and their conservative lapdogs are blaming media coverage for the unpopularity of the Iraq debacle.
That's right - it's not the 2300+ and counting American soldiers killed, it's not the bodies of 30 people found beheaded yesterday, it's not the car bombs going off daily. It's the press coverage that has resulted in the war's unpopularity.
Howie Kurtz, (the media critic for CNN and the Washington Post) who often puts GOP talking points into the mainstream, cited right-wing radio host Laura Ingrahm's recent appearance on the “Today Show,” where she said that American reporters should get out and cover the “good” stories in Iraq, instead of being on a “hotel balcony,” and Lara let her have it but good. You can watch her appearance here, posted on the great Crooks & Liars site. (click where it says “video” at the left of WMP and it will play on your Windows Media Player.)
A few years ago, by the way, I was walking up 57th Street and saw a stunning woman outside the CBS Broadcast Center trying to get a cab. I ogled her, of course, but didn't realize until the next day, when she popped up on CBS News, that it had been Lara, in the U.S. for a while, and visiting CBS News HQ.
Now SHE's my type.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Can you hear me now?
- Jesus H. Christ
- Join the club
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Scalia is such un succhiatore
- They must be heathens
- The terrorists have won
- I loved Crazy Cat on the Cartoon Network
- Well, I must be a goddamn general by now
- I think I need a damn Tampon now
- What am I, Google?
- Ohh mah gaaahhd, like, I know gurrls like thaaat
- Is this the seventh sign of the apocalypse?
- Everything will be good now
- Now, if I can only find a place where they fry bre...
- Lara Logan on fire
- That sounds familiar
- That didn't last long
- Oy gevalt
- I'd be screaming like a little girl
- The sharks were better actors
- Another Bush foreign policy success story
- What - is he in the Rolling Stones?
- He's probably going to be the next Secretary of Labor
- Sanity in South Dakota?
- Pass that buck
- She didn't say anything about black and white cookies
- Greed in the record industry? Shocking!
- Maybe he was just afraid of getting shot in the face?
- What's black and white and yummy all over?
- Seriously, can they get any scummier?
- Steaks and traitors and Scotch – oh my
- In-sane (adj.)
- It's about time
- Ladies, start your engines...of envy
- Can we at least call it a George Horse?
- Tall and tan and young and lovely....
- I hope they were wearing their protective vests
- I hear the call of the loon
- Reading is fundamental
- Corky or Lucy? You make the call
- There better be a goddamn revolution in November
- Good for her
- She wanted a salmon roll...in the hay
- SFX indeed
- His name will suddenly be very appropriate
- What's a little E. coli among friends
- March 14 - what a glorious day
- Is Erica Kane going to be named Secretary of State...
- Another glamorous night in the Big Apple
- The mind absolutely boggles
- Who are these heathens?
- His poll numbers are so bad he had to return to th...
- A bob job vs. a war? Not even close for Sen. Bill ...
- Now THAT'S my type
- Who knew so many people liked carrot juice?
- “That coat check girl has a name.”
- He's actually a small time piker in the usual scal...
- Where are the goddamn angry women?
- I survived!
- Bada bing
- George who?
- Someone didn't get the talking points
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Well, let me transfer my bank account info over to...
- It's a small world after all
- That little filly needs tamed -- and I'm just the ...
- They're just mad Bruce Willis hasn't been nominate...
- Piano Man
- Saturday rejuvenation tip # 26
- Speaking of God, it's about God damn time
- I really want to be an astronaut! No, wait, a fire...
- Now he tells us
- Dance, puppet, dance
- It's one of the seven deadly sins, you know
- Move over Georgina Bloomberg
- What's up with this seeing a celebrity thing?
- ▼ March (82)