Sunday, March 19, 2006
Ladies, start your engines...of envy
There's an interesting article in the Daily News today about Michelle DiBenedetti, who works as a “fit model” for a clothing company. Apparently, her size and measurements are the perfect size that designers like to work on.
She is, according to the News, a “prototypical size 7.” Now, I have no clue what women's clothing sizes mean, but there's a couple of pictures with the article in the print edition, and, let me say, this girl has a smoking hot little body.
"I'm an actress - this would be my waitressing," said DiBenedetti, as two designers flitted around her with measuring tapes and Excel spreadsheets during a fitting session in their Broadway studio.
But unlike the poor saps waiting tables between auditions, DiBenedetti, whose nickname is MJ, can clear $80,000 to $100,000 in a good year. Plus, her wardrobe is full of free clothes.”
I can just hear many of my friends gnashing their teeth right now.
But, fear not. It's not as glamorous as you might think, according to The News: “Because even a pound over her 117-pound modeling weight will throw off measurements, the 5-foot-7 DiBenedetti walks to every audition. She doesn't eat after 4 p.m. and tries to be asleep by 9 p.m. most nights.”
It is a strange world we live in where people get paid a decent salary for, well, standing around to get fitted with free clothes.
And that salary isn't even crazy obscene. Plenty of TV stars, movie actors, musicians, sport figures, etc. easily earn $100,000 a week. Hell, Oprah makes over $1 million a week.
I'm definitely in the wrong biz.
But kudos to Michelle DiBenedetti, who, The News also helpfully informs us, is 35-26-34. Now THAT”s my type.
Posted by J at 2:07 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Can you hear me now?
- Jesus H. Christ
- Join the club
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Scalia is such un succhiatore
- They must be heathens
- The terrorists have won
- I loved Crazy Cat on the Cartoon Network
- Well, I must be a goddamn general by now
- I think I need a damn Tampon now
- What am I, Google?
- Ohh mah gaaahhd, like, I know gurrls like thaaat
- Is this the seventh sign of the apocalypse?
- Everything will be good now
- Now, if I can only find a place where they fry bre...
- Lara Logan on fire
- That sounds familiar
- That didn't last long
- Oy gevalt
- I'd be screaming like a little girl
- The sharks were better actors
- Another Bush foreign policy success story
- What - is he in the Rolling Stones?
- He's probably going to be the next Secretary of Labor
- Sanity in South Dakota?
- Pass that buck
- She didn't say anything about black and white cookies
- Greed in the record industry? Shocking!
- Maybe he was just afraid of getting shot in the face?
- What's black and white and yummy all over?
- Seriously, can they get any scummier?
- Steaks and traitors and Scotch – oh my
- In-sane (adj.)
- It's about time
- Ladies, start your engines...of envy
- Can we at least call it a George Horse?
- Tall and tan and young and lovely....
- I hope they were wearing their protective vests
- I hear the call of the loon
- Reading is fundamental
- Corky or Lucy? You make the call
- There better be a goddamn revolution in November
- Good for her
- She wanted a salmon roll...in the hay
- SFX indeed
- His name will suddenly be very appropriate
- What's a little E. coli among friends
- March 14 - what a glorious day
- Is Erica Kane going to be named Secretary of State...
- Another glamorous night in the Big Apple
- The mind absolutely boggles
- Who are these heathens?
- His poll numbers are so bad he had to return to th...
- A bob job vs. a war? Not even close for Sen. Bill ...
- Now THAT'S my type
- Who knew so many people liked carrot juice?
- “That coat check girl has a name.”
- He's actually a small time piker in the usual scal...
- Where are the goddamn angry women?
- I survived!
- Bada bing
- George who?
- Someone didn't get the talking points
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Well, let me transfer my bank account info over to...
- It's a small world after all
- That little filly needs tamed -- and I'm just the ...
- They're just mad Bruce Willis hasn't been nominate...
- Piano Man
- Saturday rejuvenation tip # 26
- Speaking of God, it's about God damn time
- I really want to be an astronaut! No, wait, a fire...
- Now he tells us
- Dance, puppet, dance
- It's one of the seven deadly sins, you know
- Move over Georgina Bloomberg
- What's up with this seeing a celebrity thing?
- ▼ March (82)