My friend “Hillary” crashed over chez jbk last night (that’s not her real name, of course, but dubbed thusly because she’s so liberal she makes me looks like a member of the Republican National Committee. I rant and rave about Bush – she actually attends impeachment marches and Keep Abortion Legal rallies. I would too, but, you know, I’m sort of…what’s the word? Oh yeah, lazy).
(She’s also not being named in case her mom, who still believes she is the last remaining virgin in NYC, is a reader – and you just know this blog has a heavy circulation among suburban Long Island housewives.)
I had made some steaks and salad, we were on a 2nd bottle of wine, the TV was fired up, and I even let her pick the movie (some horrible chick flick called “P.S.” about an admissions officer at Columbia, Laura Linney, who thinks Topher Grace, who is applying to the school, is somehow the returned spirit of the dead boyfriend she had dated as a teenager. Um, yeah.)
Even though she lives just 13 blocks from my apartment, (less than a mile for those unfamiliar with the NYC block measuring device: 20 city blocks = 1 mile) she couldn’t bear the trek home.
Hey, the wind was howling outside, the wine was flowing inside, and she got to cuddle on the couch with me – how could she not want to stay over? My god, she’s only human.
It’s funny, though, it always changes the dynamic when someone stays in your house, even just for a night. No matter how well you know the person, and maybe this is just set-in-my-ways me kvetching, you suddenly realize that you miss being able to play some music at 1 a.m. or, more importantly, watch a little Cinemax After Dark, without hearing, “Eww, how could you watch this stuff, it’s so cheesy!” Cheesy, yes, but Shannon Tweed is one of the great B-movie actresses in history. Well ok, D-movie actresses. Double D in fact – hey, you’ve been a great audience.
But, what are you going to do? I couldn’t toss the lass out in the Great Blizzard of ’06. And as a bonus, I wasn’t the one who had to do the double walk-of-shame, scurrying past my doorman this morning, and then slinking in past her own doorman to change for work. Good times.
Monday, February 13, 2006
What do you mean you don’t want to watch the 2 a.m. showing of “Busty Cops 3”?
Posted by J at 10:43 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I think he secretly loves her like a fat boy loves...
- Now, of course, I'm gonna watch some football and ...
- A third of the country is retarded?
- Lies? From the Bush administration? I'm shocked
- Some days, I know just how he must have felt
- On a positive note, he always has that yummy chees...
- She sure beats Rita Cosby
- Why do I get the feeling these guys have never act...
- Swanee, how I love ya
- I blame Bush
- I think at about 5 am, I actually heard the electr...
- Drip, drip, drip
- It's never Dear Leader's fault
- Hey Georgina, I voted for your dad, you know
- And now it begins
- God Bless the President
- Give the GOP a taste of their own medicine
- Happy Pres Day
- I'm sure this is somehow sexist - but in a casuall...
- It's funny until someone loses an eye
- The fuckers get more vacation time than me
- NYC winter tip # 7
- Hey, I need a hot blonde naturally endowed sugar m...
- Also, I'm just lazy
- Un - &#$(@%* - believable
- Could I be (gasp!) a closet Republican?
- I suppose they’ll be calling for live televised ex...
- Well that explains Tom DeLay
- “I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is goi...
- Like Valentine's Day - and Dick Cheney - it just s...
- Your tax dollars at work
- "The creature dies in earnest"
- Forget the Olympic athletes
- The Dick speaks
- Cheap bastard note to self
- Bush-bashing, NYC life, stupid media, wacky friend...
- So much dirt it’s hard to keep track
- Cheney's been smoked out
- The quails are coming home to roost
- Say, why are all these balloon bouquets being deli...
- Too much? Even for loyal fans of “Dear Leader?”
- Random thoughts # 35 and # 36
- He’s an even bigger dick than you thought
- The looting and pillaging continues
- Truly a Dick
- And we laugh at the North Koreans?
- What do you mean you don’t want to watch the 2 a.m...
- Then he drove a carving knife through the sternum ...
- I hope the people in 23-L don't resort to cannibalism
- Such good kitties
- At the 3 p.m. show, she will be working with some...
- Although “Cathy” does make me want to riot sometim...
- Drip, drip, drip
- I believe the correct term is anal
- Gratuitous picture of the week
- She’s got bigger balls than most of the men in the...
- Do I have an evil twin? Of course, maybe I’m the e...
- I think one of my friends gave me A-D-D
- What the hell is this place?
- And Steve Jobs continues to take over the world bi...
- Wait till Jenna starts running the Department of A...
- Pat Robertson’s head might explode now
- It’s not prime rib?
- Don't take my Kodachrome away
- I'm going to turn this car around if you kids don'...
- Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy
- Does this mean the raccoon-eyed makeup look is bac...
- And you just know they have video games, too
- See. He's not a total derelict
- Hard to believe he screwed up a war, the economy, ...
- All signs to the contrary, I'm not totally cluele...
- R.I.P. Betty Friedan
- She shakes her little tushy on the catwalk
- Has the Bush administration taken over Blogspot?
- Was it the entry that began "Tom DeLay, a giant am...
- It's a small world after all
- Our mayor's richer than your mayor
- The gentleman from Ohio casts 3 votes for...
- As heard on the crosstown bus
- Nosy bastards
- I don't even have a "safe word"
- Up is down
- Get it in XL - they always shrink
- At least he wasn't on his cellphone
- Remind me, who are the animals, again?
- Can you hear me now?
- They should have held up some Jenna Jameson DVDs a...
- I couldn't actually see any pinky rings - but I kn...
- Quick, alert the Pulitzer committee
- But what will happen to the integrity of the league?
- Maybe the next rehab story will be real
- Random thoughts on Smirky McChimp and his speechif...
- Wings and beer vs. an hour of Bush? Oh yeah, tough...
- ▼ February (95)