Monday, February 20, 2006
I'm sure this is somehow sexist - but in a casually dressed sort of way
Some guys like girls in mini skirts or skin tight black pants, but tonight I realized – I'm really a simple blue jeans type of guy.
Don't get me wrong, I certainly like when women wear sexy dresses and show some leg, or perhaps some slinky and expensive designer clothes...but, there's just something about a female in an old pair of blue jeans that catches my eye.
I was at 515 in Murray Hill tonight for a while – by the way, how much fun is a Sunday evening out when Monday is a day off and you know you can sleep late? I don't know why, it just seems different than a regular night out.
Anyway, there was a girl there in a pair of jeans, (I believe they were Levi's, but not sure) who looked absolutely stunning in them. She could have been in a Levi's 505 ad - 505 in 515? Hey, work on that, Madison Ave.
Every time she went to go to the bathroom, and she must have went four times (bless her tiny little bladder), I think every male in the room caught their breath as she passed. And you could tell this girl knew the effect she had, and worked it for everything – the little floozy.
But I really do love that casually sexy look that some girls just carry off effortlessly; a pair of jeans, with maybe a white t-shirt and a blazer. Nice.
And, of course, jeans are the most egalitarian of clothes. Assuming you don't go nuts and buy the silly $300 designer label types, a pair of Levi's for 40 bucks work just fine. (Read the history of them sometime, by the way, it's quite interesting).
So, mazel tov on your enduring invention Levi Strauss. And also to that girl in 515 tonight for wearing them so damn well. You would have made Mr. Strauss proud.
Although if he could somehow come back to life and see how his practical bit of apparel have became such an integral part of our lives, even 150 years later in a noisy 3rd Avenue bar 3,000 miles away from the mines they were designed for, he would probably die all over again from the shock.
Or if he had the Angus burger at 515, that would do it too.
Posted by J at 1:55 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I think he secretly loves her like a fat boy loves...
- Now, of course, I'm gonna watch some football and ...
- A third of the country is retarded?
- Lies? From the Bush administration? I'm shocked
- Some days, I know just how he must have felt
- On a positive note, he always has that yummy chees...
- She sure beats Rita Cosby
- Why do I get the feeling these guys have never act...
- Swanee, how I love ya
- I blame Bush
- I think at about 5 am, I actually heard the electr...
- Drip, drip, drip
- It's never Dear Leader's fault
- Hey Georgina, I voted for your dad, you know
- And now it begins
- God Bless the President
- Give the GOP a taste of their own medicine
- Happy Pres Day
- I'm sure this is somehow sexist - but in a casuall...
- It's funny until someone loses an eye
- The fuckers get more vacation time than me
- NYC winter tip # 7
- Hey, I need a hot blonde naturally endowed sugar m...
- Also, I'm just lazy
- Un - &#$(@%* - believable
- Could I be (gasp!) a closet Republican?
- I suppose they’ll be calling for live televised ex...
- Well that explains Tom DeLay
- “I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is goi...
- Like Valentine's Day - and Dick Cheney - it just s...
- Your tax dollars at work
- "The creature dies in earnest"
- Forget the Olympic athletes
- The Dick speaks
- Cheap bastard note to self
- Bush-bashing, NYC life, stupid media, wacky friend...
- So much dirt it’s hard to keep track
- Cheney's been smoked out
- The quails are coming home to roost
- Say, why are all these balloon bouquets being deli...
- Too much? Even for loyal fans of “Dear Leader?”
- Random thoughts # 35 and # 36
- He’s an even bigger dick than you thought
- The looting and pillaging continues
- Truly a Dick
- And we laugh at the North Koreans?
- What do you mean you don’t want to watch the 2 a.m...
- Then he drove a carving knife through the sternum ...
- I hope the people in 23-L don't resort to cannibalism
- Such good kitties
- At the 3 p.m. show, she will be working with some...
- Although “Cathy” does make me want to riot sometim...
- Drip, drip, drip
- I believe the correct term is anal
- Gratuitous picture of the week
- She’s got bigger balls than most of the men in the...
- Do I have an evil twin? Of course, maybe I’m the e...
- I think one of my friends gave me A-D-D
- What the hell is this place?
- And Steve Jobs continues to take over the world bi...
- Wait till Jenna starts running the Department of A...
- Pat Robertson’s head might explode now
- It’s not prime rib?
- Don't take my Kodachrome away
- I'm going to turn this car around if you kids don'...
- Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy
- Does this mean the raccoon-eyed makeup look is bac...
- And you just know they have video games, too
- See. He's not a total derelict
- Hard to believe he screwed up a war, the economy, ...
- All signs to the contrary, I'm not totally cluele...
- R.I.P. Betty Friedan
- She shakes her little tushy on the catwalk
- Has the Bush administration taken over Blogspot?
- Was it the entry that began "Tom DeLay, a giant am...
- It's a small world after all
- Our mayor's richer than your mayor
- The gentleman from Ohio casts 3 votes for...
- As heard on the crosstown bus
- Nosy bastards
- I don't even have a "safe word"
- Up is down
- Get it in XL - they always shrink
- At least he wasn't on his cellphone
- Remind me, who are the animals, again?
- Can you hear me now?
- They should have held up some Jenna Jameson DVDs a...
- I couldn't actually see any pinky rings - but I kn...
- Quick, alert the Pulitzer committee
- But what will happen to the integrity of the league?
- Maybe the next rehab story will be real
- Random thoughts on Smirky McChimp and his speechif...
- Wings and beer vs. an hour of Bush? Oh yeah, tough...
- ▼ February (95)