Friday, February 10, 2006
Gratuitous picture of the week
Has it ever happened that you've never really been aware of a particular actor or actress, but then, all of a sudden, you'll notice them in two semi-obscure movies within the span of a few days. And not in recent films either, but older ones, which both just happen to be playing on TV in the same week.
That just happened to me with Jordana Brewster. I was not familiar with her before, but a few nights ago I was flipping through the dial, enjoying my beautiful LCD HDTV (cough), and the movie The Faculty was airing. I had never seen it, and just as I stumbled upon it, a scene with Jon Stewart was on. He played a teacher in it, sporting a strange goatee no less. This was before he really hit it big on The Daily Show, so it caught my attention, and I started to watch the movie. If you've never seen it, it's a tongue in cheek horror flick, where aliens take over teachers' bodies at a high school. Sort of goofy, but interesting, in its way.
Anyway, one of the students is played by the aforementioned Jordana Brewster. And I have to tell you, she looks amazing in this movie. She also has perhaps the shiniest, most luxurious hair I have ever seen. Among other commendable attributes.
Anyway, skip ahead to Thursday night. I was at a work event, and, after it, some of us went to Rosa Mexicana, by Lincoln Center. (Just as an aside, those pomagrante margs should really be illegal. Oh my.)
When I got home and started flipping through the channels, who pops up in a movie yet again? Jordana Brewster, of course. This time in D.E.B.S., another film I had no interest in seeing when it was originally released, and this plot, trust me, I have not the energy to describe.
So, from never really being aware of Jordana, as I like to call her now, to seeing her twice in a span of 3 days. And if the movies hadn't aired so close to each other, I might never have even paid that much attention to her if I had just seen one. Weird. And I wish it actually meant something, but it doesn't. I just find it interesting when stuff like this happens.
Posted by J at 1:57 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I think he secretly loves her like a fat boy loves...
- Now, of course, I'm gonna watch some football and ...
- A third of the country is retarded?
- Lies? From the Bush administration? I'm shocked
- Some days, I know just how he must have felt
- On a positive note, he always has that yummy chees...
- She sure beats Rita Cosby
- Why do I get the feeling these guys have never act...
- Swanee, how I love ya
- I blame Bush
- I think at about 5 am, I actually heard the electr...
- Drip, drip, drip
- It's never Dear Leader's fault
- Hey Georgina, I voted for your dad, you know
- And now it begins
- God Bless the President
- Give the GOP a taste of their own medicine
- Happy Pres Day
- I'm sure this is somehow sexist - but in a casuall...
- It's funny until someone loses an eye
- The fuckers get more vacation time than me
- NYC winter tip # 7
- Hey, I need a hot blonde naturally endowed sugar m...
- Also, I'm just lazy
- Un - &#$(@%* - believable
- Could I be (gasp!) a closet Republican?
- I suppose they’ll be calling for live televised ex...
- Well that explains Tom DeLay
- “I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is goi...
- Like Valentine's Day - and Dick Cheney - it just s...
- Your tax dollars at work
- "The creature dies in earnest"
- Forget the Olympic athletes
- The Dick speaks
- Cheap bastard note to self
- Bush-bashing, NYC life, stupid media, wacky friend...
- So much dirt it’s hard to keep track
- Cheney's been smoked out
- The quails are coming home to roost
- Say, why are all these balloon bouquets being deli...
- Too much? Even for loyal fans of “Dear Leader?”
- Random thoughts # 35 and # 36
- He’s an even bigger dick than you thought
- The looting and pillaging continues
- Truly a Dick
- And we laugh at the North Koreans?
- What do you mean you don’t want to watch the 2 a.m...
- Then he drove a carving knife through the sternum ...
- I hope the people in 23-L don't resort to cannibalism
- Such good kitties
- At the 3 p.m. show, she will be working with some...
- Although “Cathy” does make me want to riot sometim...
- Drip, drip, drip
- I believe the correct term is anal
- Gratuitous picture of the week
- She’s got bigger balls than most of the men in the...
- Do I have an evil twin? Of course, maybe I’m the e...
- I think one of my friends gave me A-D-D
- What the hell is this place?
- And Steve Jobs continues to take over the world bi...
- Wait till Jenna starts running the Department of A...
- Pat Robertson’s head might explode now
- It’s not prime rib?
- Don't take my Kodachrome away
- I'm going to turn this car around if you kids don'...
- Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy
- Does this mean the raccoon-eyed makeup look is bac...
- And you just know they have video games, too
- See. He's not a total derelict
- Hard to believe he screwed up a war, the economy, ...
- All signs to the contrary, I'm not totally cluele...
- R.I.P. Betty Friedan
- She shakes her little tushy on the catwalk
- Has the Bush administration taken over Blogspot?
- Was it the entry that began "Tom DeLay, a giant am...
- It's a small world after all
- Our mayor's richer than your mayor
- The gentleman from Ohio casts 3 votes for...
- As heard on the crosstown bus
- Nosy bastards
- I don't even have a "safe word"
- Up is down
- Get it in XL - they always shrink
- At least he wasn't on his cellphone
- Remind me, who are the animals, again?
- Can you hear me now?
- They should have held up some Jenna Jameson DVDs a...
- I couldn't actually see any pinky rings - but I kn...
- Quick, alert the Pulitzer committee
- But what will happen to the integrity of the league?
- Maybe the next rehab story will be real
- Random thoughts on Smirky McChimp and his speechif...
- Wings and beer vs. an hour of Bush? Oh yeah, tough...
- ▼ February (95)