They say everyone in the world has a double. And mine might actually live here in New York.
I went to the Time Warner Center for lunch today, and, as I was walking in, I passed a guy in the lobby who was just getting off his cell phone. He waved at me, put out his hand to shake, and said, bizarrely enough, “There he is, the horror movie expert.”
Now, I had absolutely no clue who this fellow was. And, although I’m notoriously bad with names, I can usually get faces. But this was bringing up nothing.
When you forget the name you can often get away with the old – “Hey YOU! How are you doing?” Sort of like Jerry Seinfeld did that time he couldn’t remember the name of a girl he went on a date with, except that it rhymed with a female body part. (Although none of my friend’s names rhyme with clitoris). Hopefully, you can proceed to have a normal conversation and pray names just don’t come up again.
I also know a few people who work in that building at CNN, so I’m shaking this guy’s hands, thinking, “Crap, who is this who seems so happy to see me. This is certainly embarrassing.”
Then, as he continues babbling to me, he stops, gets visibly embarrassed and starts apologizing profusely: “Oh, I’m so sorry. I thought you were the guy I was waiting for. You look exactly like him! I mean exactly.”
Do I have an evil twin, like half the people on soap operas seem to?
And, of course, in my cynical way, I then began wondering, hmm is this some sort of scam, or is he hitting on me, or something. (And I certainly can’t blame him for that – hah!) But, he really seemed genuinely embarrassed by it all, so I think he was legit.
I was tempted to go up those escalators and wait on the 2nd floor balcony and watch to see who came in to meet him. But, alas, a ridiculously overpriced lunch was calling my name, so that won out over my curiosity.
But, I’m telling you right now, if you hear of me doing anything weird – it’s my evil twin.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I think he secretly loves her like a fat boy loves...
- Now, of course, I'm gonna watch some football and ...
- A third of the country is retarded?
- Lies? From the Bush administration? I'm shocked
- Some days, I know just how he must have felt
- On a positive note, he always has that yummy chees...
- She sure beats Rita Cosby
- Why do I get the feeling these guys have never act...
- Swanee, how I love ya
- I blame Bush
- I think at about 5 am, I actually heard the electr...
- Drip, drip, drip
- It's never Dear Leader's fault
- Hey Georgina, I voted for your dad, you know
- And now it begins
- God Bless the President
- Give the GOP a taste of their own medicine
- Happy Pres Day
- I'm sure this is somehow sexist - but in a casuall...
- It's funny until someone loses an eye
- The fuckers get more vacation time than me
- NYC winter tip # 7
- Hey, I need a hot blonde naturally endowed sugar m...
- Also, I'm just lazy
- Un - &#$(@%* - believable
- Could I be (gasp!) a closet Republican?
- I suppose they’ll be calling for live televised ex...
- Well that explains Tom DeLay
- “I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is goi...
- Like Valentine's Day - and Dick Cheney - it just s...
- Your tax dollars at work
- "The creature dies in earnest"
- Forget the Olympic athletes
- The Dick speaks
- Cheap bastard note to self
- Bush-bashing, NYC life, stupid media, wacky friend...
- So much dirt it’s hard to keep track
- Cheney's been smoked out
- The quails are coming home to roost
- Say, why are all these balloon bouquets being deli...
- Too much? Even for loyal fans of “Dear Leader?”
- Random thoughts # 35 and # 36
- He’s an even bigger dick than you thought
- The looting and pillaging continues
- Truly a Dick
- And we laugh at the North Koreans?
- What do you mean you don’t want to watch the 2 a.m...
- Then he drove a carving knife through the sternum ...
- I hope the people in 23-L don't resort to cannibalism
- Such good kitties
- At the 3 p.m. show, she will be working with some...
- Although “Cathy” does make me want to riot sometim...
- Drip, drip, drip
- I believe the correct term is anal
- Gratuitous picture of the week
- She’s got bigger balls than most of the men in the...
- Do I have an evil twin? Of course, maybe I’m the e...
- I think one of my friends gave me A-D-D
- What the hell is this place?
- And Steve Jobs continues to take over the world bi...
- Wait till Jenna starts running the Department of A...
- Pat Robertson’s head might explode now
- It’s not prime rib?
- Don't take my Kodachrome away
- I'm going to turn this car around if you kids don'...
- Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy
- Does this mean the raccoon-eyed makeup look is bac...
- And you just know they have video games, too
- See. He's not a total derelict
- Hard to believe he screwed up a war, the economy, ...
- All signs to the contrary, I'm not totally cluele...
- R.I.P. Betty Friedan
- She shakes her little tushy on the catwalk
- Has the Bush administration taken over Blogspot?
- Was it the entry that began "Tom DeLay, a giant am...
- It's a small world after all
- Our mayor's richer than your mayor
- The gentleman from Ohio casts 3 votes for...
- As heard on the crosstown bus
- Nosy bastards
- I don't even have a "safe word"
- Up is down
- Get it in XL - they always shrink
- At least he wasn't on his cellphone
- Remind me, who are the animals, again?
- Can you hear me now?
- They should have held up some Jenna Jameson DVDs a...
- I couldn't actually see any pinky rings - but I kn...
- Quick, alert the Pulitzer committee
- But what will happen to the integrity of the league?
- Maybe the next rehab story will be real
- Random thoughts on Smirky McChimp and his speechif...
- Wings and beer vs. an hour of Bush? Oh yeah, tough...
- ▼ February (95)