One of the fun things about living in NYC is that there are a lot of celebrities here, and they walk around the streets and pop charmingly into delis and wait in bathroom lines, unlike L.A., which has more celebrities, but they don't actually walk around or wait for anything. I have friends who can spot a star a mile away, and constantly amaze me with their sightings. But, as I was reading Gawker Stalker tonight, I realized that I rarely spot any of the multitude of celebs my fellow New Yorkers apparently ogle every day, and it's maybe not so much because I'm oblivious (although I'm sure that plays a part) but it's because I have no freakin' clue what some of these folks look like (or even WHO some of them are).
Now, on the Gawker list, I'm pretty confident I would have recognized: Jeremy Piven, Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Kidman, Katie Couric, Bob Woodruff, Meryl Streep, Sandra Bernhard, Mike Myers, Jane Fonda, John Lithgow, Tony Danza.
I KNOW I would not have recognized: Kevin Connolly, Elijah Wood, Ben Gibbard, Moby, Anna Paquin, Ron Rifkin, Michael Kors, Malcolm Gladwell, Sally Singer, Betsey Johnson, Ruth Reichl, BD Wong, Andrew Shue, Ice-T, Gavin Degraw.
And the few leftovers fall into the "maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't" category: Kate Moss, Victor Garber, and "Wayne," the brother from "The Wonder Years." (Even the Gawker Stalker didn't know his name).
Is it just me, but why does anyone know what Ben Gibbard looks like?
And ok, maybe Kate would ring a bell if she was doing this at the time:
Friday, January 13, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I wish he had gored them all - right in the balls
- Freaky Friday
- Shiny, happy people
- Heckuva job, Condi
- Survey says....meeow
- So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
- And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and r...
- People are annoying #27
- Rainy days and Sundays
- In this episode, the K's converge in midtown and N...
- Sorry, ladies, hes taken
- Just as long as Dr. Phil isn't involved
- You can take the A Train
- What was it? Katrina, Iraq, corruption, global war...
- Make it a double
- It's the New Jersey of New York
- Closing the book on "Daniel"
- Was he the one who cancelled "Taradise" ?
- One of these things is not like the other
- I think this whale might have been at Down the Hat...
- The people ride in a hole in the ground...
- And you think New Jersey Transit sucks?
- Some people claim that there's a woman to blame......
- Nothing to see here, folks, move along
- Tom gets to 2nd?
- The WB and UPN are merging
- That was annoying
- Cheap bastards
- And they say quality television is dead
- Can't we just cancel the Bush administration?
- Well, I guess it's better than the second place en...
- What the....?
- Shithead talks, film at 11
- Dollar beers - ahh, nothing says good times like b...
- The Big Easy
- You say tomato, I say oxycontin
- 8 bazallion percent markup?
- Does he read the Dr. Zizmor ads?
- Even Billy laughs at the chunky one's career traje...
- Bush + goofy picture: click on I'm feeling lucky
- Move over Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Hey teacher, leave them kids alone
- I blame George Bush
- Good for Alexis!
- New England Clam Chowder mmm mm good
- Hat trick
- Beck: He's a loser, baby
- Press 7 to delete
- Sideways, upside down, kitty korner
- Is the entire family retarded?
- Don't let the door hit ya....
- Treo update UPDATE
- Ann Coulter's dick gets a shout out
- How do you work that channel blocking thing again?...
- Now if they can only explain why you never see bab...
- They have to fill out a form?
- Treo update
- It's not the movies that have gotten smaller, it's...
- Hey, there's a clown in this picture...
- Now here's a radical thought
- Maybe Rudy will let him borrow one of his dresses
- Misty water colored memories
- And now the CBS Babealicious News
- Does Rockefeller still own the damn thing?
- Treo 650 vs 700?
- I'll take lap dances for $250, Alex
- Stand clear of the closing door...
- Making your way in the world today....
- Sloppy Seconds
- Hammer Time
- I thought we were cool-de-la
- It's a little too saucy (name the show from whence...
- ▼ January (75)