Saturday, January 28, 2006
In this episode, the K's converge in midtown and New Jersey is just a little bit quieter
I ended up hanging out in midtown for a couple of hours Friday night with the K sisters again. Readers of this space may remember my encounter with them last week – they're cute, funny, a little spacey, and ahhh, what's that other descriptive phrase I'm looking for? Oh yeah, wacked out of their feverish minds.
An enterprising producer could definitely get a reality show from these girls. (It would have to go the pay cable route, of course. It would not survive on basic, with the new censorious climate we are enduring).
And I even met the elusive third sister, Special K. She may just reside in Pine Valley next door to Erica Kane, not to imply soap opera or anything. I'm just saying.
Although, actually the real wackadoo moment was when we were talking about Oprah's recent confrontation with author James Frey, and the Littliest K mentioned she had read somewhere that Oprah would probably do a better job questioning the President than the White House press corps. As I gently reminded her, that did sound somewhat familiar – maybe because I had written it on this freakin' blog just a few hours earlier!!!
It's interesting observing the dynamic between them. Even though all three have graduated from college, are working in the real world, have moved out of the family home, etc., and obviously love each other, you just know they will revert to childhood rivalries at the drop of a scrunchy.
Let's say I sense there were a lot of chick fights going on in the K household as they grew up. Not to mention some flashy verbal pyrotechnics, with each trying to get a word in edgewise at family gatherings. Never have you heard human beings talk so fast, without drugs actually being involved.
Nor, by the way, have you ever seen individuals so thin eat so fast. Actually, there was no food last night, but last week appetizers were involved, and let me tell you, I was afraid to reach to sample any. My hand would have been gnawed off like one of those poor downed zebras you see surrounded by a pack of lions on the National Geographic Channel.
Anyway, I'll take it upon myself to option the rights to the K Sisterhood, and sell to any reputable production company. I envision The Osbournes meet the Hiltons, with a dash of the family from the Chucky movies thrown in. Move over Gastineau Girls, and let the bidding begin.
Posted by J at 12:35 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I wish he had gored them all - right in the balls
- Freaky Friday
- Shiny, happy people
- Heckuva job, Condi
- Survey says....meeow
- So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
- And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
- People are annoying #27
- Rainy days and Sundays
- In this episode, the K's converge in midtown and N...
- Sorry, ladies, hes taken
- Just as long as Dr. Phil isn't involved
- You can take the A Train
- What was it? Katrina, Iraq, corruption, global war...
- Make it a double
- It's the New Jersey of New York
- Closing the book on "Daniel"
- Was he the one who cancelled "Taradise" ?
- One of these things is not like the other
- I think this whale might have been at Down the Hat...
- The people ride in a hole in the ground...
- And you think New Jersey Transit sucks?
- Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
- Nothing to see here, folks, move along
- Tom gets to 2nd?
- The WB and UPN are merging
- That was annoying
- Cheap bastards
- And they say quality television is dead
- Can't we just cancel the Bush administration?
- Well, I guess it's better than the second place en...
- What the....?
- Shithead talks, film at 11
- Dollar beers - ahh, nothing says good times like b...
- The Big Easy
- You say tomato, I say oxycontin
- 8 bazallion percent markup?
- Does he read the Dr. Zizmor ads?
- Even Billy laughs at the chunky one's career traje...
- Bush + goofy picture: click on I'm feeling lucky
- Move over Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Hey teacher, leave them kids alone
- I blame George Bush
- Good for Alexis!
- New England Clam Chowder mmm mm good
- Hat trick
- Beck: He's a loser, baby
- Press 7 to delete
- Sideways, upside down, kitty korner
- Is the entire family retarded?
- Don't let the door hit ya....
- Treo update UPDATE
- Ann Coulter's dick gets a shout out
- How do you work that channel blocking thing again?
- Now if they can only explain why you never see bab...
- They have to fill out a form?
- Treo update
- It's not the movies that have gotten smaller, it's...
- Hey, there's a clown in this picture...
- Now here's a radical thought
- Maybe Rudy will let him borrow one of his dresses
- Misty water colored memories
- And now the CBS Babealicious News
- Does Rockefeller still own the damn thing?
- Treo 650 vs 700?
- I'll take lap dances for $250, Alex
- Stand clear of the closing door...
- Making your way in the world today....
- Sloppy Seconds
- Hammer Time
- I thought we were cool-de-la
- It's a little too saucy (name the show from whence...
- ▼ January (75)