Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Good for Alexis!
Since her appearances on “The Apprentice,” I had always pegged Alexis Stewart, Martha's daughter, as a bit of a dick (I would have used the “c” word but it’s soooo naughty, and anyway, I save it for real cunts like Ann Coulter or Victoria Toensing).
She usually seemed to have a smug, bored-with-it-all attitude, and her little lectures to the contestants were hilarious when you understand that she was only on that side of the interview table because she won the lucky gene lottery.
But, I have to say, she’s on the side of the angels on the carriage horse issue.
Because this has always been one of my pet peeves about NYC. These poor horses are forced to pull some overweight goober from Iowa around Central Park so he can show his housefrau of a mate how romantic he is. Clomping on cement, breathing in car and bus fumes, freezing cold in the winter, and, probably even worse, enduring one of New York’s 90+ degree, 100 percent humidity summer days. Not a pleasant life.
A few weeks ago, Spotty, one of the horses, was being brought back to his stables on the west side (they don’t stay in the park) and was spooked by traffic, bolted, and ran into a cab. The horse was so severely injured it had to be destroyed.
"Horse-drawn carriages aren't just cruel to the horses who are forced to work long hours in extreme weather conditions while walking on hard pavement and inhaling exhaust fumes all day long," Stewart wrote to Mayor Bloomberg on behalf of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "They are equally dangerous to riders, drivers, pedestrians and motorists."
Unfortunately, our billionaire Republican mayor says the carriages won’t be banned. Fucker.
Posted by J at 2:12 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I wish he had gored them all - right in the balls
- Freaky Friday
- Shiny, happy people
- Heckuva job, Condi
- Survey says....meeow
- So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
- And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
- People are annoying #27
- Rainy days and Sundays
- In this episode, the K's converge in midtown and N...
- Sorry, ladies, hes taken
- Just as long as Dr. Phil isn't involved
- You can take the A Train
- What was it? Katrina, Iraq, corruption, global war...
- Make it a double
- It's the New Jersey of New York
- Closing the book on "Daniel"
- Was he the one who cancelled "Taradise" ?
- One of these things is not like the other
- I think this whale might have been at Down the Hat...
- The people ride in a hole in the ground...
- And you think New Jersey Transit sucks?
- Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
- Nothing to see here, folks, move along
- Tom gets to 2nd?
- The WB and UPN are merging
- That was annoying
- Cheap bastards
- And they say quality television is dead
- Can't we just cancel the Bush administration?
- Well, I guess it's better than the second place en...
- What the....?
- Shithead talks, film at 11
- Dollar beers - ahh, nothing says good times like b...
- The Big Easy
- You say tomato, I say oxycontin
- 8 bazallion percent markup?
- Does he read the Dr. Zizmor ads?
- Even Billy laughs at the chunky one's career traje...
- Bush + goofy picture: click on I'm feeling lucky
- Move over Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Hey teacher, leave them kids alone
- I blame George Bush
- Good for Alexis!
- New England Clam Chowder mmm mm good
- Hat trick
- Beck: He's a loser, baby
- Press 7 to delete
- Sideways, upside down, kitty korner
- Is the entire family retarded?
- Don't let the door hit ya....
- Treo update UPDATE
- Ann Coulter's dick gets a shout out
- How do you work that channel blocking thing again?
- Now if they can only explain why you never see bab...
- They have to fill out a form?
- Treo update
- It's not the movies that have gotten smaller, it's...
- Hey, there's a clown in this picture...
- Now here's a radical thought
- Maybe Rudy will let him borrow one of his dresses
- Misty water colored memories
- And now the CBS Babealicious News
- Does Rockefeller still own the damn thing?
- Treo 650 vs 700?
- I'll take lap dances for $250, Alex
- Stand clear of the closing door...
- Making your way in the world today....
- Sloppy Seconds
- Hammer Time
- I thought we were cool-de-la
- It's a little too saucy (name the show from whence...
- ▼ January (75)