Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Does Rockefeller still own the damn thing?
And since we were talking about huge faceless greedy corporations (Verizon), I had an amazing little encounter today with Chase Manhattan, or whatever the hell they call themselves these days. I use their online service to pay all my bills, credit cards, utilities, etc. I love it, incredibly convenient, I haven't had to write or mail a check in about 3 years. But today I got a letter from customer "service," saying I had went over the number of transfers allowed per month from my savings to checking account. Apparently it is a federal law that you can't make more than 6 transfers each month via online, and I had made 7. And they hit me with a $12 service fee for exceeding the limit. (How do they come up with these fees, by the way? $12?) Well, needless to say, this would not stand. Although God knows, Chase needs that $12 more than me. So I called 935-9935 and asked WTF?? The rep, who was actually very nice, said she wasn't quite sure why this rule is in effect, claimed it was a federal law and out of their hands, but as a one-time courtesy could remove the 12 bucks charge from my account. She said I could make as many transfers as I want each month at ATMs or with tellers, but no more than 6 with the online service. Of course, the damn banks have been encouraging us to use their online services for years, to avoid tellers - this so they can lay off more tellers natch. Fuckers.
Posted by J at 10:08 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- I wish he had gored them all - right in the balls
- Freaky Friday
- Shiny, happy people
- Heckuva job, Condi
- Survey says....meeow
- So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
- And them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye
- People are annoying #27
- Rainy days and Sundays
- In this episode, the K's converge in midtown and N...
- Sorry, ladies, hes taken
- Just as long as Dr. Phil isn't involved
- You can take the A Train
- What was it? Katrina, Iraq, corruption, global war...
- Make it a double
- It's the New Jersey of New York
- Closing the book on "Daniel"
- Was he the one who cancelled "Taradise" ?
- One of these things is not like the other
- I think this whale might have been at Down the Hat...
- The people ride in a hole in the ground...
- And you think New Jersey Transit sucks?
- Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
- Nothing to see here, folks, move along
- Tom gets to 2nd?
- The WB and UPN are merging
- That was annoying
- Cheap bastards
- And they say quality television is dead
- Can't we just cancel the Bush administration?
- Well, I guess it's better than the second place en...
- What the....?
- Shithead talks, film at 11
- Dollar beers - ahh, nothing says good times like b...
- The Big Easy
- You say tomato, I say oxycontin
- 8 bazallion percent markup?
- Does he read the Dr. Zizmor ads?
- Even Billy laughs at the chunky one's career traje...
- Bush + goofy picture: click on I'm feeling lucky
- Move over Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Hey teacher, leave them kids alone
- I blame George Bush
- Good for Alexis!
- New England Clam Chowder mmm mm good
- Hat trick
- Beck: He's a loser, baby
- Press 7 to delete
- Sideways, upside down, kitty korner
- Is the entire family retarded?
- Don't let the door hit ya....
- Treo update UPDATE
- Ann Coulter's dick gets a shout out
- How do you work that channel blocking thing again?
- Now if they can only explain why you never see bab...
- They have to fill out a form?
- Treo update
- It's not the movies that have gotten smaller, it's...
- Hey, there's a clown in this picture...
- Now here's a radical thought
- Maybe Rudy will let him borrow one of his dresses
- Misty water colored memories
- And now the CBS Babealicious News
- Does Rockefeller still own the damn thing?
- Treo 650 vs 700?
- I'll take lap dances for $250, Alex
- Stand clear of the closing door...
- Making your way in the world today....
- Sloppy Seconds
- Hammer Time
- I thought we were cool-de-la
- It's a little too saucy (name the show from whence...
- ▼ January (75)